Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

11 plant garden watering

Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 AM

Default 11 plant garden watering

Hi Ron, About a week ago I built a 11 plant garden and when everything was going well. Until a couple days ago. I bought a timer from Wal-mart that is set up to water for 15 min on and 45 min off it was only $9. Every hour. Is that too much water for small plant?

Also I can not find a place that sells hydroponic nutrients. Does Wal-mart sell it or maybe I just can not find it?

I tested the ph today and it was above 7. Is this the reason the leaves are a little brown or is it too much water?

I have been using a nutrient that is made for soil because I can not find another one. Is that the reason why they are browning?

The ph was fine when I transplanted them to the hydroponic system, and five days later it was over 7. How often do you have to adjust the ph?

and what changes the ph so fast?

I appreciate all the help you have given me, the site is very interesting. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:52 AM

No That sounds just right for small plants.

No they don't. You can find hydroponics nutrient solution on the web. Use your favorite search engine to find some.

Yes to high of pH.

Yes you are cooking them.

As often as necessary.

From using non-hydropnic nutrient solution.