Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

anyone have a hydroponic recipe?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM

Default anyone have a hydroponic recipe?

Hi, can't buy hydroponics where I live and the shipping costs are way to much (pretty much have to pay the price of the solution in shipping costs), so I thought I will try and make my own. Information on the web is pretty scratchy so I am wondering if anyone has a recipe that they would like to share. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 AM

can view this Achiltibuie Garden - hydroponic systems
Old 10-01-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowie2003 View Post
Thanks, but is a recipe for the solution that I am after, how many grams of Potassium phosphate, Potassium nitrate etc
Old 10-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Tell me what you need and I'll make you the recipe with single standard ingredients.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luches View Post
Tell me what you need and I'll make you the recipe with single standard ingredients.
Thanks! I need a grow and flowering formular for tomatoes, even though I can't buy hyroponic nutrients in my country I can buy pretty much every chemical that is used.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 AM

Usually with tomatoes (unlike with other plants) vegetative vs. flowering formulas are not used as such. This is because tomatoes require high Potassium levels and low nitrogen levels all along the growing states, to prevent too much vegetative growth. Some strategies go with very high concentrate formulas, especially for huge plants with high yields. I do prefer a less aggressive strategy and have tested and used it successfully for some time. I've in fact adopted a nutrient strategy from the University of Florida and have modified it (actually simplified from 5 step) to a 2 step strategy.

Do you know how to proceed with 2 component mixes and will you manage to dissolve all salts and components properly and safely in hot water? What about micro nutrients, do you own a scale that can handle weights of 0.1 gr?

In case you know how to handle it anyway, I'll just give you the recipe(s) without any detailed instructions. In case you have no experience, I'd rather give you a few hints...

Is a recipe for 1000 Liter nutrient solution (some 4-5 Liter of each concentrate, A, and B) and using about 2.5 kg of raw materials a good target?

Cheers,
Luches

Last edited by Luches; 10-21-2009 at 01:49 AM.