Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights

light rays from one area to another

Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Default light rays from one area to another

Ron, Have you heard of a product the will move the light rays from one area to another? What I want to do is have the light in one room and the plants in another. I have a problem with heat. When have 30 - 1500 watt bulbs running and the room gets rather warm. I am trying to find a way maybe with fiber optics or a light pump to transfer adaquate light into the plant room. Place, power and money are not the problem. Heat is. We have a 2500 sqft underground bunker we are using beside a stream that we have used to generate powerwith. Have you heard of any body pumping light from one room to another. CJ

Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Hi CJ
I have built grow rooms for clients where I used glass enclosed hoods with 4" vented hose to a blower to vent the hot air outside the room. I still had to add an airconditioner to cool the room.
I did see a sky light system where they used a flexible shinny tube that reflected natural sunlight through your roof about 6 feet to a bathroom. You could use something like that and save money on power.
Ron