Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

"Hyperventilating"

Old 07-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Default "Hyperventilating"

Hi everyone, new to the site; looks very useful!

Question about something I read on the FAQ. Specifically, does anyone have any more information on the "hyper ventilating" growth process?

Supposedly involves sealing the plants and alternating between pure C02 & Oxygen environments to result in drastically shorter growth times.

I would like to learn more and the FAQ is the only page that google finds on this process:
How long does it take to grow a hydroponic plant? - Hydroponics Online

Is this a reality or just fantasy? Anyone have more info?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

never heard it called that? just by a co2 burner or a co2 tank and run it when the lights are on. very good growth i do it the winter when its easier to control the green house temps so i dont ahve to blow it out. but my new green house has ageo metor engine that runs on propane and it will feed co2 as well as back up the greeen house whe teh powers out and keep my heated floor warm.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercatwn6535nd View Post
never heard it called that? just by a co2 burner or a co2 tank and run it when the lights are on. very good growth i do it the winter when its easier to control the green house temps so i dont ahve to blow it out. but my new green house has ageo metor engine that runs on propane and it will feed co2 as well as back up the greeen house whe teh powers out and keep my heated floor warm.
Interesting. Any "metrics" type info you can share? Which plants, normal time for growth, how much time you saved, etc.?

Thinking of setting up such a system, but would like to hear from those who have already done this.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

I have a co2 unit now that burns like a propane BBQ. i cant remember how much it puts out but my growtronix operates it so i dont really mess with it.

the new system is me just copying a Dutch company that grows roses and gets two cutting perday and and harvested somthing like 15 milluion roses a year i think i read. they use the engines and run them off natural gas and run power generators to off set there lighting costs and use the waist co2 for growing. i 'll find a link and post it.