Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

My Setup so far

Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 AM

The insulation helped with the temps quite a bit. With the injector board the nutrients are always mixed with well water so that helps with temps as well

Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 AM

How does that Styrofoam hold up? Also are those numbers on the injectors in mL? Am I to assume they have a internal flow censor that can tell the amount of water flowing through it (can you test it's accuracy?)? Even so, you would still need to know what concentration each mL of the nutrient has for the right concentration to be dispensed. Or is it trial and error? If you don't mind me asking, how much are the injectors? I know they must be expensive, but I'm just wondering. Considering your setup I'm guessing you spent over $20,000 easily for everything (greenhouse, growing containers etc..). According to Virti-gro's website a 500 plant system runs about $7,000 alone. I would at least hope those Styrofoam containers have a lifetime warranty.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM

The pots seem to hold up well they also help insulate. The injectors do have numbers on the bottom for adjusting. Verti-Gro gave me the intial setting for the injectors using the nutrient mix I was using and they were right on tho you could tweak it by testing the nutrients with a meter. Not sure about the cost of just the injectors I bought the whole board already built and it was around 1500 but these are the larger injectors they do make smaller ones.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Piney, looks good, I have one question for you if you would please, How is the connection made from the 1/4 drip tube to the pvc pipe? Thank you, Andre
Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Piney, looks good, I have one question for you if you would please, How is the connection made from the 1/4 drip tube to the pvc pipe? Thank you, Andre
That's poly pipe that the drip tubes go into and it's 1/8" drip line. There are different brands of 1/8" the type I usually get you just punch a hole into the poly and slide the tubing into the hole. I ran out last year and bought some drip from a local company and I had to buy barbs to slip into the poly then the drip attached to the other end of the barb what a pain in the butt those fittings were very brittle and I have repaced all of that drip
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 AM

Default Share your photos

Hi Pineywoods, Love the setup and all the pictures you have posted. Excellent work! Do you have a facebook page where we could share some of your pictures or can we repost some from this thread. Will give you full credit for them. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroponicMicroFarms View Post
Hi Pineywoods, Love the setup and all the pictures you have posted. Excellent work! Do you have a facebook page where we could share some of your pictures or can we repost some from this thread. Will give you full credit for them. Thanks.

I do have a facebook page with lots more pics JMAK Farms Inc