Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Ionic nutrients help!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Default Ionic nutrients help!

hi there, i ordered 5 litres of ionic bloom for soil, 5 litres of ionic grow for soil, and 5 litres of ionic boost, the person sent me 5 litres of ionic grow for hydro, 5 litres of ionic bloom for hydro hard water, and the 5 litres of boost. he states that these are ok to use in soil, and states that it wont matter that i dont have hard water, he knew i lived in scotland where we have pure clean water. will these hydros be ok in soil with normal water i know the boost is ok, my whole indoor plant grow health could be at stake, and i would like some assurance. any information would be received with gratitude and thanks.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 AM

I am not a chemist, and I don't know the exact composition of the hydro nutrients you were sent, nor do I know the exact composition of the nutrients in the soil. But I can tell you the main difference between soil nutrients and hydro nutrients is the micro elements (nutrients). Soil nutrients don't really need the micro nutrients because they are found in soil, and you don't want them to build up causing toxicity's. To be honest if you want the best results, have the soil tested, then a fertilizer made specifically for your crop, and soil composition. As the plants grow you can send samples of the plant to a lab and they can tell you what it's in excess of, or lacking. Then you can adjust accordingly. Although if it's in excess of in soil it will be a big problem because you cant get rid of it, if it is lacking you can just add the necessary element to the soil.

P.S. I don't like it when a company just sends me what they have on hand, and just expects me to deal with it. That's just bad business practices. They should have let you know, so you can make the call. Personally I would have a big issue with that (weather it works or not), and likely never deal with them again. But that's me.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I am not a chemist, and I don't know the exact composition of the hydro nutrients you were sent, nor do I know the exact composition of the nutrients in the soil. But I can tell you the main difference between soil nutrients and hydro nutrients is the micro elements (nutrients). Soil nutrients don't really need the micro nutrients because they are found in soil, and you don't want them to build up causing toxicity's. To be honest if you want the best results, have the soil tested, then a fertilizer made specifically for your crop, and soil composition. As the plants grow you can send samples of the plant to a lab and they can tell you what it's in excess of, or lacking. Then you can adjust accordingly. Although if it's in excess of in soil it will be a big problem because you cant get rid of it, if it is lacking you can just add the necessary element to the soil.

P.S. I don't like it when a company just sends me what they have on hand, and just expects me to deal with it. That's just bad business practices. They should have let you know, so you can make the call. Personally I would have a big issue with that (weather it works or not), and likely never deal with them again. But that's me.
Thank You Very Much..... . I have contacted the company i will see what they say, i thought if i used my soil to its full nutrient extent say 3 weeks before adding any nutrients it might solve my problem. or i thought about using cheap and nasty soil but like you say the guy at the shop has used me as his dumping ground and i am making a bad feedback complaint on his ebay account.
here is a log of our conversations by email : Copy and Pasted (names Changed)

Dear Shop,

can you get soil versions of these. :

Dear Sir,

it can be used for soil coco and hydro :

Dear Shop,

hi, if you send me 1 x 5 litre of each soil versions of ionic grow and bloom,(not hydro) and 1 x 5 litre of ionic boost i will buy it now is the total $71.75 item no ***** thanks. :

Dear Sir,

the hydro version is also for soil, it gives details on the bottle how to use in soil

Dear Shop,

received it and exact words on the bottle Quote : Ionic Hydro Grow is precisely formulated for use in hard water areas, for the flowering stage of plants in hydroponics and all soil-less culture. i live in scotland didnt you see my address, we have the best purified water in the whole world, it rains every 2 days up here, and my water is not hard, i am using soil and i cannot believe what ime reading, the instructions on the right of the bottle are : hydro 2.0ms, soil 1.5ms, coco 1.5 ms, this is a guideline for all bottles of this feed, not for this bottle. i am hoping that you can give me an assurance that 150 plants are not going to suffer over the next few days.

Dear Sir,

hi, if you think your plants are going to suffer dont use it, we have sent what you ordered which is ionic plant feed for plants it works fine down hear it an all round food for coco,rockwool,soil ect, thanks

i am absolutely fuming, what matters in any business is to be honest and fair to the customer. and i have been duped.

my feed has run out now and i have none for my plants which could be worth in excess of $1000 each (Wink) in 3 weeks time. what a mess i am in now. better head to the local garden centre.