Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

2013 Fair Display

Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Default 2013 Fair Display

So I finally figured out what I am going to do for fair this year. I am going to make table top mini-versions of all 6 main types of hydroponic systems all the way from a wick system to a aeroponic system. I will then have all these mini-systems to take with me to presentations about hydroponics. They will all be clear and just running water thru them, no plants. I will still take the double system of NFT and flood and drain with some flowers and veggies because it is not too big or heavy to take. I will also take the small drip system from last year.
I am still wanting to do something with a fodder system but I will be fighting the heat all week. Fodder likes 60's and 70's and it will probably be in the 90's at fair. I was not able to find a greenhouse to use that I could have cooled with a swamp cooler. Any ideas???

I am going to make more posters this year with more info so I don't have to talk to each and every person or be there for 12 hours a day.

Will post some picts as I finish them. I bought all the componets for about $130 today except pumps (plan to use last years pumps but may have to purchase some small fountian pumps).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fair hydro 007.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	2532   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydro 007.jpg
Views:	1414
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2533  
Old 08-17-2013, 07:48 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Last push before fair week. Set up on Monday night!

Still having problems with the aeroponic system, think my pump is too small, but I will get there.

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 08-17-2013 at 07:55 AM.