Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Vertical Growth System - new system

Old 03-28-2009, 04:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to turboman159 Send a message via Yahoo to turboman159
Default Vertical Growth System - new system

We are a startup company manufacturing a vertical growing system. We are looking for distributors of our product. Which is the best way to approach a distributor as a manufacturer?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5133.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	25  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Well, wouldn't it be best to produce a marketing packet stating the benefits of using the system with pictures? You just have to sell them the idea of selling your product because of its great benefits, right? How much of a profit can THEY make with YOUR product? Make a test group and ask people, would you buy this or not and why. You also show the business or distributor those results as part of the presentation.

Starting with smaller businesses, you have a nice impressive list of people who are successfully selling your product where you then move forward to larger businesses.

You say you are a manufacturer? Do you produce these systems only or other products? Reason why I am asking is I am a designer, looking for a manufacturer! Imagine that.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to turboman159 Send a message via Yahoo to turboman159
Default vertical growing system

Thanks for your ideas regarding some kind of marketing strategy.It seems the first step is the hardest to find your way.We / I am a custom injection molder and moldmaker/toolmaker.My shop is on the eastern end of long island and we get involved w/inventers and designers all the time,so ur inquiry is most welcome.Being a hands on mecanic,marketing is not my specialty,and i have entered a new world withithout any training.Heres my email adress,feel free to contact me even just for advice,ill be glad to help...Turboman159@msn.com..ILL send u a few pics of our system.If i can figure out how I will post a few up here on this site..Arty..We have a facebook page,i think you will have to be invited as a friend,but give it a try: Facebook/ponicgardens@aol.com
Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 PM

Well golly thanks! I do hope you've patented your idea! I've had a design stolen by the person I went to to get it manufactured and it was a like a shotgun blow to the face because I didn't have a patent and well, there wasn't anything I could do.

My current project actually is a vertical hydroponic system. Don't worry, I wont rip anything off :P It's completely...."artsy fartsy". You say you've worked with designers so you know what I mean.

THANKS! I will DEFINITELY have to take you up on your offer though at some point as I plan to make A LOT more. I've got it all worked out except for the manufacturing of these things and that's the most important part!

But yeah more pictures would be awesome just be careful who ya show em to!

No facebook here...good marketing but one of which I don't want to get caught up in quite yet.

Do you make other hydroponic systems?