Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Is there a (tomato) doctor in the house?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:50 AM

I cant really improve on that.

All I can say is, WELL PUT txice!!!

P.S. Brings back memory's.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Anyway - I am afraid, but your thing is all home made!
Read my post again: I wasn't quoting you a single time, nor assuming anything you'd know or don't know (yet), didn't mention what you were doing or leaving out. I wasn't actually referring to anything you said or did, - while explaining a few things. Obviously always in the context of your situation - but nothing more and nothing less! In one particular case I was (implicitly) referring to the manufacturers instructions of your product - you aren't the manufacturer, or are you? Hence not pulling anything related to your person! Not even one single point was meant in any personal way!
Why yes, my system is homemade...and I presume that must be the reason I'm having a nutrient problem eh? Another means to try to call me out on something because you can't rebut the points I made I see. I've already gone over most of this and shown where you've done just what you claim you aren't doing here, but I will touch on one thing. You're right, I'm not the manufacturer (good catch! ). I know you were referring to the manufacturers instructions (referring to Technafloras "recipie for success" based on the context of the comment originally made). I also pointed out that you were (implicitly) misinterpreting them as well. The manufacturer in no way implies that if you put their mix into your nutrient reservoir it will magically buffer your entire solution to 6.08. They state that the mix of nutrients called out in the recipe mixed in a single gallon of neutral solution should have a pH of 6.08. They also instruct, however, that if by some chance it's not (if you don't mix it in a neutral solution, i.e. tap water, for example), measures should be taken to adjust the pH to the specified range of 5.8 - 6.2. Something which you also incorrectly assumed I did not do (do I need to quote your statement again to prove this??)

Quote:
I am confused
This is actually about the only thing I can agree with you on and all I will say to this is yes....yes indeed you are.

Quote:
Goodness, no racist card played here either, just teasing the nationalist part out of you.
Any teasing aside (which I personally seriously doubt you were doing), that is EXACTLY the card you played. You flat out accused me of not accepting you only because you are different than I am and that my friend is calling someone a racist.

Quote:
...americans like YOU really seem to have a HUGE ego...
ROFLMAO!!!. Hrmm...yeah, I can't even come up with a better way to respond to that aside from rolling on the ground laughing hysterically.

Quote:
More than ten years of forum activity is a long time and yes shit happens, but I have never ever encountered such kind of disrespect and gross behavior, as you and some of your fine compatriots have come along with.
The only common thread here my friend is YOU.

Quote:
No, let's be honest: if Germans get really mad at you, they're actually the worst.
Wow...nice. And with statements like that you wonder why a certain group of people might not like you?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
P.S. Brings back memory's.
I know, right? LOL! I'm gonna go grab some popcorn....this might get good. Internet drama FTW!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Not even reading any of it, as you have already turned in the thing you were scared of. None of my business anymore!

Last edited by Luches; 12-04-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Yet you reply none the less. /facepalm

Quote:
as you have already turned in the thing you were scared of
Yeah this makes absolutely no sense. I'm afraid of spiders...nasty buggers those. Pretty sure I've not turned into one though...

Last edited by txice; 12-04-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna go grab some popcorn....this might get good. Internet drama FTW!
To be honest Luches may have a point with Americans being a problem. This because we wont take this kind crap for long. The people in the other country's may kiss his ass like he likes (though I highly doubt it), but you need to earn your respect in America. There is really only 2 possibility's and that is either he has no understanding of the English language and does not know what he is actually saying and reading, of coarse he will say he knows exactly what he is saying and reading. So that only leaves the other and that is, he is doing it for his own personal amusement.

I don't think Luches is using this forum for anything else other than for his personal amusement. He is not hear to learn anything from us low life peons, what could we possibly have to offer such a self proclaimed expert. Have you seen thing one that he has ever grown? He pretends to help people but then makes things up out of thin air, and as you said belittles them for it. I'm sure that he just makes these things up because there is no real material for him to work with, so he needs to make it up or he wont be able to have any fun.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 AM

Yeah, you have been threatened by someone who only tries to be holier than thou, - as a good american, you fought him, won and scared him away for good!
Congratulations, you now have won the title of Holier than the one who wants to be the holiest in 2009! Enjoy!

The King is dead - long live the King!

Last edited by Luches; 12-05-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:51 AM

It's none of your business...it is your business....you get scared away....you post again. it's all fairly confusing yet oddly entertaining at the same time (the tangents you manage to take are quite intriguing). In my opinion, your posts are getting harder and harder to understand though.

Out of curiosity, does he get a trophy to go along with his title? I hope it's a nice one if so and not one of those cheap plastic kinds. It really takes a lot of the zing! out of winning when you get one of those cheap trophies.

I'm guessing these forums aren't moderated very much (or, if they are the moderator(s) are finding this as entertaining as I am...not sure which). To steer my thread somewhat back on track...my tomato plants are looking quite well .
Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, does he get a trophy to go along with his title? I hope it's a nice one if so and not one of those cheap plastic kinds. It really takes a lot of the zing! out of winning when you get one of those cheap trophies.
Unfortunately I have no idea, I never got nominated for the title. Shoot, I never even got invited to the award ceremony. I would of liked to at least been invited to the after party.
Quote:
I'm guessing these forums aren't moderated very much (or, if they are the moderator(s) are finding this as entertaining as I am...not sure which).
Though it would be a lot more entertaining if he could pick a conversation and stick with it so one could actually understand what he was talking about. There is only one moderator that I know of (the administrator) but he/she only shows up when someone reports a post.
Quote:
To steer my thread somewhat back on track...my tomato plants are looking quite well
That is good to hear, glad the interruption hadn't hurt your plants. I saw the new pictures you posted yesterday in the other thread "My 2nd "aeroponic Hybrid Setup." Though I have been wondering, didn't you have more than 16 plants? Unfortunately my tomato plants are not doing so well, they seem to have a virus.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-05-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Though I have been wondering, didn't you have more than 16 plants? Unfortunately my tomato plants are not doing so well, they seem to have a virus.
Indeed I do. As far as the types of plants I have at the moment there are only 9 hot pepper varieties and then the tomato plants. I had multiple plants of most varieties growing. The two exceptions are my peter peppers and my pumpkin habanero. I only ended up with one of each of those. I started several of each variety knowing some seeds wouldn't germinate, that I might kill some, etc (also had a mishap where one of our cats decided to make a midnight snack of about a quarter of my seedlings). I never intended to keep more than one or two of each type though.

The two new 8 sight systems currently have 2 tomato, 2 hot charlestons, 2 rooster spurs, 2 banana pepper, 2 bhut jolokia, 2 bolivian rainbow, the 1 peter pepper, 1 golden habanero and 2 thai suns.

The original purple cloner system I posted about still has 3 rooster spurs, 3 bolivian rainbow, 2 thai sun, 2 banana pepper, 2 golden hab, 1 bhut jolokia and my lone pumpkin habanero. Funny story about him actually. Of all the pumpkin hab seeds I planted I only got a single sprout...and for the longest time the poor little guy just sat there as nothing more than a small stem sticking up out of the ground with the seed shell still on it. While all the rest of the pepper plants were exploding around him, poor little guy just sat there in the shell. I tried to help him along and pull it off, but boy was it on there tight....didn't feel like I could do anything without ripping him in half. Long story short, I eventually managed to help get it off and he is now starting to grow...but he's waaaaaay behind the rest of the peppers as a result. He wasn't big enough to move into the net pots yet.

I also have a small little 6 gallon 4 site DWC that I've not really mentioned. This system had a few pepper plants that my buddy ordered online and gave me. They were rather sickly and bug infested. I trimmed them up, got rid of the bugs and setup this DWC to drop them in and see what the managed to do. They are recovering fairly nicely. I put one of the other tomato plants in this system. The rest of the tomato seedlings were thrown away. They were all too big for the cloner, didn't have room in any other system...so they unfortunately got trashed.

I'm debating what to do with the rest of the plants in the cloner. Can't decide if I want to throw them away or try to build another system to put them in. We're quickly running out of space in the room we're doing this in (at least until we get rid of the furniture that is in there)...and well, funds aren't unlimited .

For the long term I'd like to continue to grow the hot peppers, but I don't know how many of my current plants I'm going to keep. I didn't pick the seeds...my buddy ordered them all and I just took half of what he ordered. I've never tasted several of these and don't even know if I'll like them. Plus, there are several other types I like that I'm not currently growing (scotch bonnet for example...I love those and definately want to try and grow them). I'm just sort of in a "testing phase" right now...trying to learn a thing here and there, finding out what works and what doesn't, etc.

Last edited by txice; 12-05-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm new here and don't know what has happened between you two, but I would like to help some if I could.

I am a 3rd year Hyrdoponic grower, and if we get back on topic I will see what i can do.