Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Now I'm finally fruity

Old 01-30-2010, 05:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default Now I'm finally fruity

60 days into my tomato grow and two weeks into flowering. I finally have my first few cherrys. Now its just the intense hand holding and sitting and taking with her tell there ripe. actually i'm setting up a time lapse video on it right now to post when i pick the first one. A really nice close up video should look cool.

On another note i planted a rasberry, strawberry, seedless white or green grape tonight.

my blackberry looks good i see some new growth on the branches and am just waiting for roots. also i have another blackberry or rasberry plant of some type but wont know tell i get fruit. scissored it out of the neigbor hood. free seeds and plants local from friends are my favorite.

wash them clean them wash them again and enjoy them.

I have my eye on a fruit tree went to the hardware store and but coudnt commit so i bought the other stuff. Peaches, plumbs? nectarine/ i just cant decide.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 PM

pictures!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:11 PM

i'll try and get some pictures and or video posted this weekend. i have been having issues with my climate controls and busy with other things. it took two weeks for the pants to close off my walk ways with growth. i just trimmed most if it back and trimming around some lights. the squash is deliciuos but cukes and cantaloupes i can figure out how to pollinate. i planted a thornless blackberry and its thriving and awhite grape thats grwoing well but i can not keep a rasbery growing? it startes out well but then the leaves turn grey and dry up on the tips then its all down hill from there. bought two of them now and exactly the same for both of them. watermelon plant pollination is impossible as well.

I was going to bring in bumble bees but found the web sites about usig flys for pollination and i think i'll go that route first so i dont have t become abee keeper. Forked Tree Ranch, Inc. - Blue Bottle Fly Seed Pollinators
Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I was going to bring in bumble bees but found the web sites about usig flys for pollination and i think i'll go that route first so i dont have t become abee keeper.
Wow, that's very interesting, especially for me because I'm allergic to bee stings. I'm growing outside and let nature take care of the pollination at this point. Though I do want and plan to have greenhouses in the future, and I would perfer fly's to bees because of my allergy to bees. Also I find it useful that they are better suited at cooler temperatures. I want/plan to do a lot of out of season growing, and winter time temps here are probably too cold for bees. I haven't looked into pricing yet but it may also be much more reasonable to keep a colony of these fly's (especially if I can learn to breed them myself).
Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 AM

i put them up on the grow tronix area