Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

i have a question, need help?

Old 07-25-2018, 02:50 AM

Default i have a question, need help?

Questions regarding the commercial 1 gallon system. I'm using a 10 X 20 foot greenhouse and would
like to know the optimum spacing and number of plants i should be able to grow. Is gravel the
preferred growing medium or should i be looking into grow rocks? If the system uses top feeding, is
this a 24 hour operation? Lastly, what is the best way to maintain a nutrient reservoir. Should I use a
flushing valve to maintain water level or is it better using an eductor and flushometer. This is my
second year and a half experimenting with hydroponics. Last year i manufactured 4 two foot by
seven foot tables and plumbed them together to yield 56 plants using perlite as the medium with
approximately 6 feedings per day since i live in California. What i did learn quickly is that i have to
cool the greenhouse significantly and i hope to accomplish that this year with screening. (due to lack
of funds). What i would like to do is expand and modify the grow tables to use the sewer pipe. I like
your site because it is the only one i've seen that appreciates the initiative of it's members rather than
trying to sell over-priced minute systems based on traditional growing methods. Thanks in advance
for any support.