Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Tomato brown spot's

Old 02-17-2011, 10:16 PM

Default Tomato brown spot's

I am seeing this on some of my Tomato leaves. The PH is 6.5 water temp about70. What does it look like it may be?

Thanks
Simon

Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 AM

Sorry, I personally I have been busy, I saw this post the day it was posted but didn't have a lot of time (then forgot). Are you having the same problem? Has it progressed? How big are the plants? I can provide a bunch possibilities, but don't really want to before knowing details. Simply because it would just be a lot of reading and comparing of plant symptoms. And if your anything like me, the more I compare, the more confusing it can get.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM

The plan overall is doing great, growing about 1 inch a day, full, and great color,. It only happen on a few bottom leaves and has stopped. I had posted the picture as soon as I saw the spots. I like to get on top of things as soon as I see them. I am thinking that it might of been a PH problem and have since then used the PH from a solution I pick up. I would like to avoid the problem for the future if you have any Idea what it may be. Thanks for getting back to me!

Simon
Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 PM

I can't say I have an idea at this point but I can post the links to websites I have bookmarked that list tomato problems. That way you can compare the symptoms yourself, and they may even help you narrow things down for other problems in the future. You should bookmark them for future reference as well. I just created a bookmarks folder called "tomatoes", and placed them all there (except for the last one, that's an article I copied to a text document that might be of some interest).

Tomato Problem Solver | Aggie Horticulture
Tomato Plant Problems FAQ by Kay Klier
Tomato Plant Nutrition
Color Photos of Mineral Deficiencies in Tomato Plants
Emerging Virus Diseases of Greenhouse Vegetable Crops
Tomato leaf symptoms Diagnostic Key (This section is on leaf problems, you can click on fruit, wilt and general plant decline, or crown links in the plant image at the top of the page for symptoms in those areas as well)
Greenhouse Tomato, Commercial Vegetable Production Guides, North Willamette Research and Extension Center (NON-PATHOGENIC FRUIT DISORDERS section is about two thirds the way down the page)
What's Wrong with My Tomato Plants
Commericial and Home Tomato Production in North Carolina (long list of tomato plant resources)
Blossom-End Rot of Tomato, Pepper, and Eggplant, HYG-3117-96
Weird Plant Happenings