Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

Growtronix System

Old 01-28-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think "reserves" is really the right term because plants don't store nutrients or energy like a battery does. They use it and convert it as they go.
Starch is stored energy.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGM View Post
Starch is stored energy.
Yes but isn't starch stored in the fruit and/or vegetable part of the plant, instead of the leaves and stems?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Especially if you don't know for sure, rash in assumption or simply anticipate wrongly. Is that really asking too much? Don't you see by yourself that you are mostly wrong with your keen guesswork?
Again, anything anyone else says must be wrong if you don't agree. You still can't get around assuming things are guesswork. Its only guesswork to you, what you don"t understand is that anything you say is simply guesswork to me. Just because you say so, does not make it so. That is truly a sign of someone who demands respect, and just a few steeps away from being a dictator.
Quote:
You really like to chat, with or without respect, with or without knowlegde
Well, I guess I do like to chat. Although only about things that I'm interested in, and want to learn about. That's why people use forums in the first place. Only it's called conversation, that is a back and forth of ideas and opinions. Otherwise it's called reading a book. I have learned quite a bit about hydroponics in the last year, but still I don't proclaim to be an expert in hydroponics. In fact I regularly state "I am not an expert". If I need a degree in hydroponics to speak, lets see your degree. Nothing that can easily be forged, or is just hearsay will be excepted.
Quote:
If it doesn't fit, you can always bend it until it does. But not me.
That's a laugh. You must not remember all the past posts that you have done exactly that to. Making up things out of statements that were never said nor meant, then belittling people for it for your own amusement. You just referred to that as your sense of humor, yet I found nothing humorous nor useful in it.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Yes but isn't starch stored in the fruit and/or vegetable part of the plant, instead of the leaves and stems?
Usually in the roots and tubers, and yeah the fruits, although some plants store it in the leaves and stems.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default back up running again

i had a issue with my growtronix software for a month or more? i tried every thing and had switch back to mechanical timers etc. Doesnt take but a few hours to realize how much info i have at my finger tips and how in detail i know about my grow enviroment. any how it runs out i had to format my pc and come back on line with my grow server. i think it must have been seeing GT files that were old and trying to run the with my new ones. the grow console was in valuable and i now know way more about the system and its operations.

So any how the plants are thriving again and back into flowering and fruiting. i see i have one cuke out of about 100 chances so i'm struggling there. i may have one cantelope coming on? I'm bring in flies next week for pollination my flowering losses are tremedous from my lazy ness to take the time to pollinate by hand.

I went through tonight and trimmed all my roots back and cleaned them up in the buckets and claered the drain hoses to the main resivoir of roots. looks like rope when it comes out of the hose. but left on its own the buckets can slow on the drain side so much the buckets will run over and the nutes can be all lost to the drain.

I'm currently adding between 300 to 400 ppm of nutes every day. also i have bought pumps for the nutes and i have some old transformers i hope will power them. i need to get completly automated. every time i automate a section my plants do so much better.

My tomotoes are confused as hell but i expect in a week of the gt running correctly they'll stablize and there strating to to red and there just deliciuos even just slightly orange.

a buddy of mine that has a bubble system he has built with some realy hi tech sensors and fans in what looks like a box about the size of a 50 gallon fish tank gave me 3 hybrid strawberry clumps. a giant a super sweet and a strawberry peach flavored on he says.

i ate sqaush all last week with dinner and harvested peas as well. the pnie apple is re rooted now in my hydro. i put the pineapple plant in a shot glass in my resevoir and drip hose running in the shot glass and it took off way faster than running a drip hose on it in clay pellets i think. at any rate its alive and grwoing and i made a vanilla pine pple icream with the fruit a month or so ago it seems.

the moring glorys have me on the fence there great to look at and they take great pictures but there avasive as hell for light blocking energy and i dont seem to wnt to keep trimming them which it appears they like. i get 20 or 30 flowers every day and they seems to be some great colors but i cant eat them?

I'm going to yank a few tomatoes and go with more grapes from watching my current seedless grow.

also i took about a month i would say but i finallly have a clone with roots of a native throned blackberry i cut from the neighbors yard. but now taht i have bought a thorn less i'm not sure i want to go through th ehassle of having a thorn plant poking at me. but now i know they just take several weeks to clone out.

bell peppers i finally think i got some seeds going. took a long time to germinate but i have two in one net pot taking off.

Ive been collecting seeds from all my plants i buy at the grocery store and drying them for storage. my thought is the plants look great and the genectics must be decnt for commercial growers to be using them and they may have just be afrom hyfro any how? i hope they will germintae and are not some altered hybrids but it gives me somthing to do.

poatoes plant is reallly look great and will be going in the ground outside next weekend.

ihave more pictures but it will only let me add 5 it looks like so i'll drop them somewhere else on the site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	657  
Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 AM

Default gt grow room

more pictures

also about the question of the chiller. no thats a dehumidifier and i ahve two run at least 2 of them to keep up with the humidity. i do have awater chiller i built from a wall shaker a/c unit but i dont run it becuase i dont have a issue. i may hook it up to this system just because i have it this summer as i have to switch the a/c system on for a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	659   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	662  

Old 03-02-2010, 05:41 AM

Default more pictures

i'll shoot some video next weekend i f i have time
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	668   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	669   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	670   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	671  

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 03-02-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 AM

Default Its harvest time!

actaully its harvest time every day but riht now my cherry tomatoes are cranking out. as soon as the start to go orange they will be bright red the next day and burst open the next night. the taste perfect. my peas are really producing i wish i had vegged them longer so the plants were bigger. i have cukes going now and have no idea how i pollinated them.

The GT is working perfectly now and for two weeks its been on my test cycles just to double check it since i had my issues. 1500 ppm is my new base line and 1200 is where i'm at at 24hours.

Need to add one more dehumidifier and get my a/c back up on line for this summer before i let that become a issue.

I'm pretty excited about the strawberrys i have for different ones going and they are really vegging right now and should start the transition to fruiting any day i would think.

I'm still testing the lights for dimensioned out put and dont see it in lumens yet. which is a good thing. had a light attacked and violently by a tomatoe plant and it grew around and through it and broke it. You just cant trust a fruit plant all jacked up on nutes.

lots of squash going very well to.

I went out playing on the bay this weekend when i should have been making my room more fly freindly with some screen i bought to cover fans intakes and exhuast points. will get r done this week and flys ordered up to i hope. i'm still looking for a local supplier. my neigbor just passed of old age and he had the flys and still does in his shed i'm told so i was hoping to contact the kids and see if i could get the set up he had. he told me his bees didint sting and the were just like flys. now i know what he was up to trying to pollinate his orchard.

If you dont stop and figure out what others are doing the info is lost forever. i feel like dummy now just after he has passed needing to learn the hobby he has had for 20 years as a neighbor.

My pollinatin ability must be at 10 or 20 percent of its potential i'm seeing hundreds of flowers falling to the ground un pollinated. this coming winter i'll have all my vines trained and really start producing.

as soon as it warms up a bit more i'm adding chickens to my growtronix system. and i still need to do mushrooms but just cant find the time. i have a old fridge i was going to run the GT in for the project but i still am not exactly sure what it is i need to build. i was hoping to do a multi layer on each shelf a diffferent mushroom and maybe in the top freezer box a mushroom that is a very large one?

if you mix spores is that like cross polinating?

I just posted at you tube a quick walk through a couple nights back. the video is awfull but it lets you see some stuff.

ive been eating the male squash blossoms, delciuos. the pollen is incredible and i put them on toast with a little homeade jam. i read you can deep fry them and the list goes on . i'm going to serve them with braekfast with powdered sugar next weekend sprinkled on them. i us ethem to pollinate then i harvest them. all so the cukes blossoms and the cantloupe staste amazing and i have a few on my watermelon plant i'll try. they have avery nutty zuccuni tatse i think.

I'm going to finish off this bowl of tomatoes and hit the hay happy gardening

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 03-09-2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: forgot some thing
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM

have you had any bugs with the system yet i heard about people having bugs with theres such as the system losing connecting with devices which seems to be a huge issue if this is running a huge setup like 20 thowies running on hydro.... all controlled by computer? i dont know about it ive been trying to contact them but haven't heard back from them. they dont list a phone number on their site. another issue i heard is there build times some products have taken people up to 6 months to get makes you wonder why they dont have a number listed. obviously a phone number would help you sell your products but then you would also have to deal with unsatisfied customers. i would like to hear about any competing systems if any. ive only found systems for large scale greenhouse
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 AM

My system runs non stop for months at atime with out even a reboot. I have one of the very first systems they sold and the new systems are even better i'm told by guys running them. DJ is the guy and hes never been anything but help ful. infact one time years ago i couldnt get my system up and running and he was with me every night when i got home from work helping figure out that i cant follow directions.

Its not for everyone and everyone doesnt need a system like this. timers work just fine and unless you are looking to grow the same product over and over and compare grows at the same periods of time to the last one to see if you can tweak a better product its probably not for you. I bought it becuase i just love to make it more difficult. I did go in my green room this weekend and grabbed afew bell peppers for a omlette but beisdes that she runs like clock work. You may find he has to many orders going right now as every medical pot smoker thinks he can change the genetics of the plant with fancy green house controls and have the best"killer bud ever grown".
He tells me that phones are for companys that sell over the phone and email is for internet companys and bitching about service by email or voice mail seems to me to be the same no matter how you delete them.
My guess is untill you buy a system your not going to have a growtronix account number and your just way at the bottom of the list for his priority list. Hes just one guy maybe two some times and he builds everything.
I will say i could live with out it untill i got it and now i'm getting ready to add it to my new green house my aquaponics and my chicken coupe as well. If i remember he started out selling it to make the perfect beer and owns beertronixs or something like that two. i was going to hook it up to my whiskey still from start to finish but i needed to have the co2 sensor re calibrated to really work well during fermentaion so i just decided to skip it and have a shot of the snake bite and continue on old school.

Good luck shopping
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM

Just thought I would mention it, I recently found out about another company that makes environmental control systems for hydroponics. I have no idea what they cost or how well they work, but they are a large company (out of British Columbia Canada). They do have a (1-800) phone number and e-mail, as well as a physical address listed on the contact us page. I've been meaning to look into their systems, but haven't done so as of yet.

Argus Control Systems

P.S. I don't know if they mail it to anybody, but you can even order a free CD about there systems.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 PM

I recently ordered the ph/tds/ec monitor for this system. When I get it in I will post the results.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM

Really nice. I need to start saving up for this. It would be nice if there were an actual mac os version of this.