Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

Latest Experiment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Default Latest Experiment

The wife and I have seen many many variations of the "tube nft" type systems and decided to give our own a go. I didn't do any detailed catalog of the build itself, but attached is an overall shot of the finished product.

Pretty basic setup really. Tubes are raised at one end of course to allow the water to flow back to the reservoir. nutrient solution is (currently) fed through drip lines hanging over each net pot. I like the setup and layout of these systems and I like that the reservoir is easily accessible without needing to disturb the plants to do nutrient changes and/or testing.

The plants in the system so far are doing very well. In the long run I'm still somewhat concerned about root management in a system like this. I went with 6" sewer drain pipe rather than 4" pvc which I more commonly see thinking I'd have a little more room to play with. But even with the 6" pipe I can see root management possibly becoming an issue as the plants in the system mature.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	1872
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	552