1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
Can I use the same nutrients for lettuce and strawberrys?
new here, questions. starting medium, seeds.
Help me finish this set up please.
Any Idea What This Is ? fungus or disease?
NFT Setup in Florida Keys
space and wattage ?
Hydroponic Lettuce Fertilizer 24-15-36
Setting up a Kratky system for Baby Greens and DWC for larger plants
organic hydro nutrients?
My Very First Setup
Can you water-stress hydroponic plants?
Newbie - want to produce fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and ruta (Ruta graveolens)
35 day old system...
Thoughts on my setup?
Real Newbie Question
Heirloom Tomatoes Yummy Yummy
distance from light to plants
Flood an Drain Shedule for Beans
Prevent algae growth
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Antique Trumpet Cornet Smith Music Sales Merco
Vintage 1970 Gc Conn Connquest 76a Cornet W Mouthpiece & Case Xlnt Condition
1948 C.g. Conn Cornet W/ Case & 4c Conn Mouthpiece
19th Century E-flat Cornet
Olds 3 Short Shaft Cornet Mouthpiece
Olds Ambassador La Trumpet With Custom Silver Plate, Gold Trim And Engraving
Silver 1917 Usqmc Conn New Wonder Cornet W/ Opera Glass Microtuner Just Serviced
1860s John Howard Foote Cornet Trumpet Possibly Civil War Era W/ Orig Case
Conn 1937 Cavalier 90a Cornet
Holton New Proportion Cornet, 1908, Chicago, Many Extras, Case