1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
outdoors commercial setup, input needed
Hydro in AZ
FNG reporting as ordered.
question about transplanting into hydroponic system
Aquarium Gravel as a media
New here, and to hydro... fertilizer question
Rock wool question....just add water OR water with nutrients
tomato plant will not fruit
Experts in the hydroponics field
First Tomato Setup
Rapid Rooters and PH
Question About TDS Pen
Going to build a hydroponics tower need some questions answered
Questions about NFT setup
Question About reservoir temperature
Introduction. New to this
Hydroponic tomatoes in house not producing
Popular Hydroponic Items:
$ale Vintage Courtois Professional Cornet With Bach Mouthpiece And Free Jazz Cd
Giardinelli New York 1v Cornet Mouthpiece
Vintageconn 80a Victor 1946 Cornet, Case,short Shank #4 Mouthpiece
Elkhart Cavalier Pea Shooter Style Trumpet Long Cornet
Conn Wonder Cornet Mouthpiece
Martin Committee Model Elkhart Indiana Cornet
Good Hn White Silver Tone, Cornet,1945
1938 Martin Standard Handcraft Cornet
Boston Eb Rotary Cornet In Gold With Case And Accessories Bmim
Vintage Set Of Early Olds Ambassador Los Angeles Cornet Top End Caps 46,xxx