1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
5 gallon buckets and lids in central ohio
Verti-Gro 12% off from now till 11/30
2hologen 1 cfl and 2 floresent
Blocking Up Tub Outlet
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Antique Boosey & Co Cornet/ Trumpet - Class A - Regent St. London (hawkes)
Vintage 1920's Gold Plated Holton Heim Screw Rim Cornet Mouthpiece
Vintage 1952 Conn 80a Large Bore Cornet - Original Dark Lacquer, Superb
Old Eclipse Made By S.r. Leland & Son Worcester Mas. Cornet Rare Collectible
Vintage B Flat Champion Cornet W/ Matte Silver Finish And Case
Vintage Antique 1914 Frank Holton New Proportion Cornet, Case, Mp *video(s) (65)
Good Playing Vintage 1959 King Super 20 Master Cornet, Mp, Case, *video* (138)
Conn Cornet New Wonder Circus Bore .484 All Original Accessories 1911 Wonderful
Vintage C.g.conn Silver Cornet-1907 Patent,very Clean,with Original Mouthpiece
Vintage Panamerican Cornet Model 50a Elkhart Indiana Usa 135020