1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 373 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
New(first may be) commercial Hydroponic greenhouse
Results growing under TruLite LED growlight
Japanese maple tree
inductor driven fan
EXTREME Series LED 84X-PRO
Botanicare turbogarden ebb & flow 706960
uninteruptable power supply (ups)
What is this on my cucumber seedlings?
no medium nft, can bottom of stem touch steam?
avoid stem rot rockwool
PPM meter Hanna HI98308
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Vintage Conn 1915 "new Wonder" Silver Plated And Engraved Cornet, With Case
Vintage F.a. Reynolds Professional Cornet Sn:2462 Large Bore W/ 5-b Mpc, Case
Extremely Rare Hall And Quimby Piccolo Cornet Circa 1865 To 1870
Vintage Brass Holton Collegiate C602r Cornet Bb Sn: 008012 In Case Yamaha 11b4
Beautiful Vintage Silver Martin Imperial Cornet
Vincent Bach Bundy Mlcornet Serial #527xxx Comes With Case
Vintage Trumpet Cup Mute Humes &bergmfg.co East Chicagolnd
Vintage Continental Clarion Cornet, Mouthpiece / Original Case Refurbished
Vintage H & A Selmer Bundy Cornet, Designed By Vincent Bach, W/case, Nr
Vintage Perfect Tone Jw York & Sons Antique Cornet