1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
Which Microbes to Use?
Do I have to change reservoir every week?
Shallow beds instead of NFT vs Aeroponics
feeding schedule for my aeroponic plants
making water filters last longer? zerowater 23 cup dispenser
Help for Hydroponics Design at roof
Will a cocoa plant or tuber be able to hydroponics
Grow room pics
5 gallon buckets and lids in central ohio
Verti-Gro 12% off from now till 11/30
2hologen 1 cfl and 2 floresent
Blocking Up Tub Outlet
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Conn Director Cornet With Original Case Serial # H 53526
Olds Vintage Cornet
J.w. Pepper Surprise Silver Cornet Rare Vintage # 32418 W/ Leather Case 1902
Ohio Band Instrument Regent Vintage Cornet
Vintage Gaylord Custom Cornet Proto-type ? Copper & Nickel Just Serviced/ Sweet
Vintage F.e. Olds & Sons Special Cornet-fullerton,ca-parts Or Repair
Cornet--holton Collegiate--( Vintage ) Stock # A116
Vintage Cavalier Cornet Horn Musical Instrument Mouthpiece Case Elkhorn Wis.
1860s-1870s Cornet Band Photo Little France, West Monroe N.y. Civil War Band