1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
the trios cost range is expected
new grower - rising ph
Adidas superstjerner blev oprindeligt beregnet til pro atleter
Adidas klaver in eerste instantie namens
ASICS tennis shoes are some of the best in the market
First most of us saw mid-air Max 95 Silver
Protected NMD doesn big t necessarily mean
Another multicolor variation of the Nike Flyknit Lunar 3 OR MORE is introduced to kic
We re anxious about the potential of extra NMD
Adidas NMD People sneaker line
Adidas NMD R1 and XR1 received
Less than a year soon after its debut
The Nike Air Max 2015 may be a far cry through the original Air Maximum 1
Charcoal variation with the Adidas NMD R1
The best colorway that will released had been
The Nike Weather Max 90 enlists a new colorway into that ranks this summer keeping
Adidas NMD emits on SaturdayNMD
Mega Boost Uncaged and also Climacool
Adidas Originals promises becoming a must own hot time
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Vintage 1900 Conn Wonder Cornet Engraving Silver Gold Bell Shepard's Crook
Antique H.n.white Cornet “the King” Silverplate? Pre-1900? Beautiful
Vintage Couesnon Cornet In Excellent Condition. Hand-made By Bertiot In Paris.
Vtg Olds Ambassador Cornet 983069 Trumpet W/7c +1 Mouthpiece/case Fullerton J645
Conn Director Cornet ~serial Number Number L33423 With Case And #3 Mouth Piece
Vincent Bach ( Period ) 7c Trumpet Mouthpiece
Vincent Bach 7c (large Letters) Trumpet Mouthpiece
Courtois Professional Cornet Arban Model 102
Vtg Conn Director Brass Cornet Case Bach 7c Mouthpiece Needs Repair
Vintage Lyon & And Healy Trumpet / Cornet In Case Numbered 16100