1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
1955 CONN 80A VICTOR CORNET - TRUMPET, SILVER, PLAYER:
This is a rather nice CONN Victor 80A cornet from 1955. My study tells me most of the mid-50's Victors were lacquered brass and nickel, but this one is silver plated, ...possibly a special order? The CONN 4 mouthpiece is included. It has pliers marks on it, but It's from another horn (so no damage to receiver or mouthpipe), but I believe proper to the vintage. The case is NOT INCLUDED UNLESS SELLING PRICE IS OVER $250). It is original and in pretty good condition for being over 70 years old, however, there is a hole cut out so the MP can stick out with case closed (damnit!). Anyway the latched and hinges all work as intended, no keys of course. The reserve price is $125. Ask questions, ask for more photos if needed. 3 day return policy - must be returned in same condition as shipped and buyer pays shipping BOTH ways (unless I have materially mislead in this description). I pack really well and insure for value. Carrier will be UPS. I only charge what the actual cost to me from UPS is. WAIT FOR FINAL INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING AND INSURANCE CHARGES.I WORK HARD TO EARN YOUR 100% POSITIVE response - HOPE YOU AGREE!Recently there seems to be a lot of sellers making money on shipping and I think it's just wrong. PayPal only.Pros:
- The valves are about as good as any horn could have, they don't even need oil to work well, (but they are oiled).
- There are no signs of red rot.
- Horn has been
basically serviced, chem flushed, water key corks and valve corks and
felt replaced and reasonably aligned. I recommend a professional valve
alignment by a pro if your really gonna play this.
- The bell has the gold wash and the engraving is nice and shows no signs of buffing.
- There are no scratches that can be seen.
- There are no dings, dents or pings in the bow below the receiver.
- The slides all move as designed and pull with a "pop".
- Sounds awesome to me, just like a vintage 80A is supposed to!
- There is no evidence of prior repairs.
- I believe compression to be great, no leaks discernible, plays low notes am betting this was
(and still is!) a real player in it's day. But the player must have had
acid sweat because the only real bad thing I can say about this cornet is that the silver is basically gone where he held it.
- Some very shallow dings, two very shallow in mouthpipe, two shallow in bell near valves,some can be seen in photos, others are not photograph-able (by me).
- The worst ding is inside bend of the main slide, it's a little flattened, but easily pushed back into round, as with most of the other dings, by a tech.
- Water keys and brackets are darkened for some reason, but no signs of repairs.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
Need some tomato help
Basic Nutrient Strength Question
Non-Circulating (Kratky) Hydro Nutrients?
Can I use the same nutrients for lettuce and strawberrys?
new here, questions. starting medium, seeds.
Help me finish this set up please.
Any Idea What This Is ? fungus or disease?
NFT Setup in Florida Keys
space and wattage ?
Hydroponic Lettuce Fertilizer 24-15-36
Setting up a Kratky system for Baby Greens and DWC for larger plants
organic hydro nutrients?
My Very First Setup
Can you water-stress hydroponic plants?
Newbie - want to produce fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and ruta (Ruta graveolens)
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Vintage Columbia Cornet In Case By Harry B. Jay Co. Chicago
Very Nice - F E Olds Special Cornet / Vintage Horn
King Cornet Chrome Good Condition No Reserve
Cornet Made In Austria Vintage Nickel Franz Weber Vienna New York Ny
Olds Ambasador Cornet Nice
1968 Olds Ambassador Cornet - Fullerton With Case & Mute - Smooth
Conn Victor 80a Circa 1927 Valves
French Military Trumpet Piston Cornet Godon Bruxelles Paris 1880
Vintage 1970 Gc Conn Connquest 76a Cornet W Mouthpiece & Case Xlnt Condition
Buescher Elkhart Cornet 58c Great Design 1rst $65