This item has been shown 106 times.
This was a hi-tech item in it’s time (1889). The annunciator was wall mounted in the kitchen or servants quarters of the well to do. It was powered by a dry cell battery and was used to summon servants to various rooms of the home. When a switch was pushed the arrow would swing to the number of the room calling and was held there magnetically until freed by pushing the rod on the bottom. In good condition for being 122 years old. Size is 8" high, 4" wide & 2 1/2" deep. Has a patent date of Dec. 10 1889 and the makers name, Partrick & Carter Co. signed on the face. It appears to be mostly hand made.