This item has been shown 856 times.
Vintage 1940's Men's Wrist Watch.
UNIQUE AND RARE TYPE OF WATCHESCHRONOGRAPH
VERY BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE 1940's WRISTWATCH
VERY BEAUTIFUL MECHANICAL WORK. I am very pleased to offerscarce and vintage example of a men’s ca 1940's timepiece. It is a unique, vintage andAVIATOR'S CHRONOGRAPHexample of wristwatch.MODEL: WWII Time Aviator's DIAL: This gorgeous, men’s watch is a very handsome specimen and features black color authentic METALDIAL in very good condition.With arabic numbers,inner and outer telemeter scaleand seconds numerals. Small second dial at 9, with black arabic numbers. Sub dial 30 minutes is placed on 3. Signed "ETERNA".HANDS: Original luminious hands. Excellent-very good condition.CASE MADE OF: Originalcase with stainless steel snap back. The case in very good condition.Marked "ETERNA STAYBRITE FAB, SUISSE". Also back lid have engraved German WWII Luftwaffe emblem and inscription "Fl. U.V. 02-184". (For more photo please e-mail me).
MECHANISM: Original vintage Swiss made movement powered 17 ruby jewels. Signed "ETERNA". Works very well, very clean. This beautiful chronograph has the original movement in an excellent condition which was very well saved, considering age of this watch. Mechanism has been recently serviced to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping great, accurate time.Overal is in perfect working order and in very good cosmetical condition.Getting such thing you do good capital investment. Every year the price for them will increase only!
This thing also can be a good gift or a personal worthy subject for you.Overall dimensions are: - 44mm - 38mm -8mm
watch crystal diameter - 30mmIt is fitted on a 20mm black color genuine leather strap and matchingmodern stainlesssteel buckle.
Thank You For offerding and Good for the owner of antiquarian watches:
All Antique watches are mechanical. Many repairs will not be cheap, as most likely they will require replacement of non-standard parts (unlike most late model watches).
- Antique watches should not be beaten or dropped - because repairs may be expensive.
- Antique watches are generally NOT waterproof. This is because waterproofing was not in general production until the middle of the 20th century for most watches. Therefore you should protect your antique watch from exposure to moisture.
- If your watch becomes wet it should be dried off quickly. Carefully open all covers and use a hair drier to blow dry the movement, dial, covers, crown. This will reduce the amount of rust.
- If your watch becomes wet with any kind of salt water you should immediately immerse or spray your watch with fresh (no-salt) water to remove all the salt from the works before drying the watch completely. Any salt left in the watch will combine with moisture in the air to rust metal components of the movement, case etc.
- Winding any mechanical watch tight may break the mainspring. If you can avoid it do not wind the watch hard.
- When adjusting the hands of your watch, move them in a clockwise direction only. Counter-clockwise adjustments may damage the movement.
- If you must adjust counter-clockwise make it for small adjustments only (i.e. for minutes, NOT hours).
- Be careful and gentle when adjusting the movement speed (faster or slower). Don't make sharp movements, and don't touch other components in the movement especially the pendulum mechanism.
- Every 2-3 years it is necessary to service and oil vintage watches.
- IF the watch is dirty - allow the watch to run down, don't wind it again until you have it serviced by a qualified watch repair expert. Dust will absorb and remove important lubricants and cause the movement pieces to wear down.
- To clean the case, dial and crystal you should use a cloth that does NOT leave fibers as these may get caught up in the movement. Check with your Watch repair expert to get an appropriate cloth.
- Keep your antiques watch away from magnets. Strong magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of your watch since some vintage watches were made with iron based components in the movement.
- Most Cases and Covers are fine components and will not handle abuse well. The watch should not be shaken, beaten, or stressed.
- Antique watches generally experience an error of up to 5-7 minutes a day. Any accuracy of +- 5 minutes is very good.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE offerDING:
Vintage watches are very delicate and I package to the highest degree to prevent High altitude flights can be hard on watches due to extreme temperature changes. This can cause the oil viscosity to decrease (gum up) and prevent a watch from ticking (the balance moving freely etc.). It may need to be oiled when it arrives regardless of its recent servicing (if applicable). Although this is only a very slight possibility it can occasionally happen. Please bear in mind that you are buying a used watch and it will require service at some point in time.
Free Shipping WorldWide Including Insurance.Worldwide shipping usual takes 10-14 working days. Some times little more.I markin tax declaration accept Payments via: Paypal.Return Policy:1. We always honor a 7-day return on our items, and guarantee them to be as described.
2. Money back, so ask questions if necessary. We're easy to deal with. If you are in any way unsatisfied with the watch I will refund the purchase price. If you recieved watch damage or you have any other problems with my watch plase contact us via e-mail before leaving response. We are gladly assist you.