This item has been shown times.
Lot American Red Cross Vintage Uniforms
including Jumper, Aprons, Veil, Cape, Caps, Pins
13 piece lot of vintage Red Cross clothing includes:
1. Red Cross blue chambray pinafore/jumper with Red Cross volunteer pin, Item #2.
2. Red Cross
3. Short sleeve blouse
4. Cotton v-neck apron/pinafore - tie back
5. Cotton round neck apron/pinafore – button back
6. Cotton veil
7. Navy blue cap
8. Light blue and white chambray cap with Red Cross emblem.
9. Light blue and white cap with Red Cross nurse’s aid
10. Kay’s Caps nurse cap with Red Cross Volunteer Pin Item #11
11. Red Cross Volunteer Pin
12. Navy and red wool cape
13. Embroidered Nurse’s Aid emblem
1. Red Cross blue chambray pinafore/jumper with American Red
Cross Volunteer Pin – Light blue chambray pinafore has two front pockets and
buttons in the back. All six buttons are present. Inside label reads: “Hoover
Mfg. and Sales Co. New York
Size 30.” Pinned in the center front of the garment is a Red Cross pin.
2. The metal Red Cross pin is 7/8" round, gold tone metal with red enamel cross in the center against a white background. Around the pin reads: American Red Cross Volunteer.
starched but the fabric has discoloration due to time. Some staining in the
back. No tears, holes or ripped seams. The pin is intact with working clasp.
3. Short sleeve blouse- Cotton short sleeve button down
blouse is shown in the photo with the pinafore. It has a patch on the right
sleeve that reads: American Red Cross Service. Inside label reads: “Hoover Mfg.
and Sales Co. New York
Size 30.” Small breast pocket on left.
Condition: A few tears that are not from wear, but from time
and the decomposing of natural fabrics. There’s a tear on the sleeve near the patch
and a couple on the back. No missing buttons.
4. Cotton round neck nurses’ apron/pinafore - button back. Cotton apron has a round neck and two front
pockets. It has three button holes with one mother of pearl button present.
There’s a “band” in the back that buttons with one mother of pearl button.
Condition: Slightly yellowed. There’s a small stain on the
front near the neck. Two of the three buttons in the back are missing. No tears,
ripped seams or holes.
5. White Cotton V-neck nurses’ apron/pinafore with tie backs –
Lovely kind of see-through cotton with a thin stripe running through, it has a small
red cross sewn on the front. Inside is a tiny label that reads: “40.” This apron has a sash that ties in the back.
The back has two buttonholes. One button is missing, the other is a round white
mother-of-pearl button. Shown with the matching veil. See next item description.
Condition: One missing button, no tears, ripped seams or
holes. Small discoloration/stain on the front, but the rest of the garment is a
6. Triangular Cotton Veil – shown in the photo with the long white apron. The veil is the same fabric as the cotton
V-neck nurse's apron, Item 5. It’s triangular in shape and measures 50” L x 33” on each
side. Like the apron, it has a small red cross sewn in the center.
Condition: Slight yellowing on the front edge. No holes or
7. Navy blue cap – The shape is like the Army caps. Navy
blue cotton with white cotton trim, the cap has a small red cross emblem on the
front. It pins in the back.
Condition: Very nice condition, no holes, or stains. Some
yellowing of the white portion.
8. Light blue and white cap – Nicely starched, this is made
of the same fabric as the chambray pinafore, I believe this was part of that
uniform. It has a small red cross sewn on the front and buttons in the back.
Condition: Discoloration, yellowing. No holes or tears.
9. Light blue and white Nurse’s Aide cap – Nicely starched,
the cap is a lighter weight than the number 7 cap. It’s probably cotton and has
the nurse’s aid emblem secured by a snap on the front. It buttons in the back.
Condition: Discoloration and yellowing.
10. Kay’s Cap Nurse’s Cap with Red Cross Pin in original box
– Nicely starched cup cake type cap is made of white organdy and has a narrow
velvet ribbon all around. It measures 2
½” high. The enameled pin has a star burst design. Greek key design inside the
cross. The light blue box reads: Kay’s
Caps Inc. Pert Practical Professional Style 0-734.”
11. Pin on the Cap. 7/8" round metal blue enameled pin has a sunburst design with the red cross emblem in the center. The pin reads: American Red Cross Volunteer.
Condition: Except that it’s discolored, the cap is piece is
mint. It even has the original cardboard band inside to hold its shape. The box
is somewhat discolored, but no tears or stains. Beautiful.
12. Navy blue Wool Cape –Measures 35” L x 99” around. Red
wool lining. Stand up collar with hook and eye closure at the neck. There are two
front plackets each with 2 navy buttons that secure the cape. Inside is an
extra button. Fully lined in bright red wool.
Condition: Great vintage condition. No holes or tears. Small
barely noticeable stain on the inside.
13. Red Cross Nurse’s Aide Patch – 3” round patch is cotton
with heavier silk? embroidery on the triangle and cross.
Condition: Looks like it was never used. The white portion is discolored from age.
All the items are vintage and authentic and came from the estate of a woman who volunteered for the Red Cross for many years. Because of their
age the items bear the markings of time ---- yellowing and discoloration---- in varying degrees. Some of the items are starched. I’ve tried to describe them as I see them, but if
I’ve missed something or you’d like additional information, please contact me.
I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
I don’t know the age of the items. However, I’ve
seen the veil and the v-neck apron on a vintage Join the Red Cross
poster by artist Walter W. Seaton.
Thanks for looking and happy offerding!
NON SMOKING/PET HOME.
PLEASE PLEASE!!! If you have any questions about this item, please ask before you offer.
I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR TRANSACTION. PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ MY TERMS OF SALE BEFORE offerDING:
Terms of sale: All sales areFINAL unless the item is grossly misrepresented. I do the best I can to describe the item. If by some chance I have omitted a major flaw or grossly misrepresented the item, I do accept returns. Otherwise all sales are final. Please ask me all your questions before the end of the sale and before you offerso you can be sure of your purchase.
S&H costs are non-refundable. Insurance is included in S&H for this item. INTERNATIONAL buyers: PLEASE EMAIL ME BEFORE YOU offer FOR EXACT SHIPPING COSTS. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, please email for shipping costs as well. We do our very best to pack each item well, but we can't guarantee genteel handling by the gang at the post office. If winner does not email me or remit payment within 4 days of sale's end will automatically open an unpaid item dispute against the buyer.
PREFERS PAYMENT TO BE ONLY BY THEIR ACCEPTED "ELECTRONIC" FORMS. IF THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME TO MAKE A PERSONAL REQUEST FOR PAYMENT BY OTHER MEANS.
Thanks for looking and good luck if you're offerding!!!