MADDOX CHIPPENDALE MAHOGANY SECRETARY DESK BOOKCASE For Sale
This item has been shown 0 times.
MADDOX CHIPPENDALE MAHOGANY SECRETARY DESK BOOKCASE:
- This gorgeous Chippendale revival antique secretary desk is the perfect workspace to furnish your little corner of the world.It came fresh out of a fine estate and dates from around the 1940's era. A rare find and qualitysigned piece by Maddox from Jamestown, New York who is very famous for their secretary desks. Quality features that make this secretary stand out from the rest are the swan neck top, flame finial, serpentine curved drawers, fitted interior, and ball and claw feet front and back - a sign of quality. Size always affects value. This desk is about 3ft wide and particularly desirable as it will fit more easily into today's smaller rooms. A gorgeous piece where you can get all of your papers, bills, letters, recipes, school report cards and everything else together in one place. The bookcase top has carved scrolled crest centered by a flame finial above a pair of doors opening to shelves. The drop front desk opens to a writing surface and fitted interior. There is a variety of small drawers, cubby holes, and letter slots. Two SECRET DRAWERS pull out of the interior and they are great for secret storage. The writing surface is the perfect workspace for your laptop computer. There is a key to lock up the desk. The key also works on the secretary top and to lock the drawers. The case has 4 large deep serpentine shaped drawers for more storage. Chippendale brasses and carved BALL & CLAW feet enhance the bottom. Made from solid mahogany. It really has a great look and will add beauty to your home. One (1) piece construction. The finish is original. The drawers are all four corner dovetailed and crafted from oak - a sign of quality. Signed with the Maddox brass tag - only the better makers sign their pieces. Retains the original hardware. The finial is removable for easy moving. There will be minor nicks and distressing here and there that add antique depth and chracter. Altogether very good condition, solid and sturdy. Beautiful craftsmanship.This antique desk is in very good condition, clean, and will be the perfect addition to your home or office. Please scroll all of the way down for many detailed photos and shipping information. Free Local Pickup is also welcome in Milford, PA 18337 (Pike County.) Will fit in a pickup truck or van or large SUV with the seats down. We will load it for you. offer today and make it yours!
Dimensions: Approx. 36.5" wide, 19" deep, 79.5" high; 83.75" high with finial; desk 32" wide x 23.25" deep; shelves 7.5" deep, bottom shelf 8.75" high, middle 9 1/8" high, top shelf 8.25" high.
Please note: Many of the items we sell on are antique or semi-antique used condition. All antique and used furniture will have signs of wear, use, nicks, repairs, dings and scratches. We do our best to give many photos and descriptions. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us an email.
Details on Shipping and Local Pickup:
We welcome nationwide buyers! Professional antique shipping is available nationwide to the 48 United States. To receive a shipping quote, please contact your choice of shipper directly. Buyers that are not local, should contact and arrange shipping directly with the company of their choice, as we will be unable to quote outside the local areas. Below is a list of shipping companies that ship fine furniture and antiques. The seller is NOT affiliated with any shipping company, and makes NO recommendations, these companies are listed to accomodate our customers for shipping options.
- Antique Transport Company
- Email: email@example.com with the item number and your zip code for quotes.
- Based in Philadelphia
- Blanket wrap antique delivery nationwide
- Go to http://www.plycongroup.com for quotes.
- Locations coast-to-coast
- Blanket wrap antique delivery nationwide
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
Drilling holes for net pots, the correct way
FOR SALE: BC Northern Lights "Bloombox" w/ all the bells and whistles!
Zucchini leaves "bleaching"?
Advice on DWC
Rockwool damaging roots...
Water - Chloramines
HPS or MH
Beginner Question: Air pump?
which system for basement kitchen garden, and spring seed starting?
Is this an algae?
Many questions about hydroponics!
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Exquisite 1900s Antique Italian Walnut Secretaire/desk Amazing Patina
Antique Elementary School Standing Desk- Circa 1910 A. Flanagan Co Chicago
Antique Desk Mahogany Twin Pedestal Kneehole Desk
Antique French Inlaid Ladies Desk
Vintage Early 20th Century Ornate Cast Iron Solid Wood Student Desk
Empire Library Table Mahogany Wood
Antique Ladies Secretary Desk Fleur De Lis French And Mirror Stunning
Oak Desk Top File Cabinet Antique Roll Top Tambour Kitchen Counter Letter Paper
Stunning Antique Georgian Reproduction Mahogany Bow Fronted Partners Office Desk
Childs School Desk