This item has been shown 0 times.
This is an amazing Roundhouse Forney Live Steam Radio Control G Scale garden railroad locomotive that has been lovingly taken care of and run on my garden railroad. This sale includes the locomotive, radio control handheld unit, water bottle, gloves, wiping cloth, additional Roundhouse supplied fittings, and a certificate and pouch. This was produced in England between 2000 and 2004. This locomotive is no longer available from the factory and is difficult to find on the used market. It is a great model of the Forney #6 run by the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad in Maine.
From the Roundhouse Website...
The ‘Forney’design, was used by a number of American locomotive builders as it offered a compact engine with integral water tank that could be used on small lines. They were particularly common on the many narrow gauge railways where size was important but a hard working loco with a good operating range was required.
The Roundhouse Forney is based on locomotives built by the Portland Company around the turn of the century (20th that is) and found on many of the narrow gauge railways in Maine.
An unusual feature of the model is the use of an articulated front power bogie which enables this relatively long engine to operate on small radius curves with minimum overhang.
Please note that this model is available for either 32mm or 45mm gauge, but is not adjustable between the two so please state gauge when ordering.
Technical specifications for the Forney.
- 0-4-4 inside framed chassis with double acting piston valve cylinders .
- Reversing by piston type steam reversing valve between frames.
- Fully articulated to allow operation down to 2’ (600mm) radius curves on 45mm gauge or 3' radius on 32mm gauge.
- Radio control of both speed and direction available.
- Internal gas firing using the Roundhouse ‘FG‘ system .
- Controls fitted as standard are:- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator and gas regulator.
- Optional water gauge and boiler top up system available either factory fitted or DIY.
- Overall dimensions are:- length 380mm, width 110mm, height 150mm, weight 3.3Kg.
- Insulated wheels as standard.
- Compensated rear bogie for improved running.
- Optional S.R. & R.L. No.6 lettering and numbers.
On Aug-04-11 at 04:45:30 PDT, seller added the following information:
New, lower reserve based upon further research! Happy offerding.