This item has been shown 0 times.
This is aRare Antique/Vintage Singer 29-4 Cobbler's Leather Treadle Sewing Machine.
I could not find a serial number so I cannot date it.
This machine and base have been properly cleaned and oiled and sewsvery well, please see the picture of the stitch. I tested it on a leather riding boot. It stitched through a thick section of the boot with ease. The stitchis equal on both sides. Here is video of this actual machine working. The second video is a close up of it sewing so you can see it create the stitch.
The body frame aresolid.It will ship in two pieces so you will need to mount the head onto the base. There are 4 screws to do so. All you need is a medium sized flat blade screwdriver.
It comes with1 bobbin. The bobbin was disassembled and cleaned for smooth thread draw. The bobbin winder has an old rubber wheel. It still works, but will eventually need to be replaced. There is awasher that fits on the end after the bobbin is inserted.
It has a new treadle cord. It has two speed select pullies to choose from. It also has a 12" throat, that's body to needle. It also has the feed wire for inserting the thread down to the needle. It will ship with a piece of thread looped through the machine so you know how thread it.
The head has a 360 degree shivelling walking foot so you can rotate any way you need to.
Overall, the machine has asoiled and worn appearance.The decals have wear. Thereare alsosome chips and scratches throughout the machine.The frame is missing a drawer that fits below the head.
The base measures 28" x 19"and is 44" tall with the head installed.
This will ship freight. I have shopped around and found www.USHIP.com to have very competitve rates or you use Freightquote or your own choice of freight company. The dimensions are 39" l x 45" w x 34" tall. It is secured toa pallet in two pieces and total shipping weight is165 lbs. I will have to send an invoice after I get an exact freight quote. You can use zip 19426 for my origin and plug the numbers into UShip.com for an estimate.
Here is a link to UShip.com freight estimator; select Household Goods, then Funiture,add165 lbs for weight, put 19426 into Origin and add your zip. email me if you have any questions. You can also use your own freight company. I am easy to work with.
This can also be picked up. Do a mapquest/googlemaps search with zip 19426 to see how far you must travel. I live the NW suburbs about 45 minutes from Philly. (with no traffic)
Your ID will remain private!
Feel free to ask questions.
Things you should know:
- International buyers should check the shipping charges before offerding. Heavier items tend to be costly.
- Shipping insurance protects your item from damage andlost packages. These are not my responsibility, so please insure your items.
- I provide a tracking number for all domestic shipments and whenever possible on international shipments. You will receive a notice the day your item ships.
- I only respond to messages sent through . My email address is used as a secondary source so there will be delays if you do not respond through .
- At end of sale the buyer has 7 days to initiate payment or buyer will receive a negative response and the item will be resold.
- Buyer must send notification of payment within 5 days of end of sale.
- I will only attempt to contact the buyer once by day 5 if I have not received any response about payment.
- Please do not place a offer if you have no intentions on buying this product.
- Please verify you have a correct shipping address in your and PayPal accounts. This is what I use to ship to and I am not responsible for your errors. If a package is returned because of an address error taken from your account, you will be credited your order less return shipping charges and the item will be re-saleed.
- All national and international shipping prices are final.
Customer satisfaction is our goal!
We will only accept returns if the items are incorrectly described.
We try our hardest to provide very honest descriptions. Please review our responses as proof.
All “Used” items are sold “As-Is” and have no warranty against manufacturer defects.
We must be contacted within 7 days of receipt of item to initiate a return.
We will attempt to resolve the situation via emails or phone calls. Only after the issue has been verified will we accept a return.
All returns must use US Postal Service and have delivery confirmation. If you do not do this we cannot guarantee receipt of the return and will not issue any credit.
We will only credit shipping charges up to the original cost.
We will issue a credit after we have received the item and verified the issue.
Return payment will be issued in the same manner as it was received.
We will not accept any returns unless all previous mentioned steps have been taken.
Leaving a positive response completes the transaction and is acknowledgement that the purchased items are "as described"
On Mar-06-11 at 05:41:16 PST, seller added the following information:
Special Care Item Shipping Tools
Shipping Price Estimator
uShip is the first and largest sale- style marketplace for shipping
and transportation services. Learn more
Guides & Articles
- Preparing Major Appliances for...
- How to prepare furniture for s...
- Preparing Home Electronics for...
- Choosing between freight and m...
- Carolina Piano Movers
- Robert Benedict Profess
- Jdx Deliveries Llc
Useful Tools & Links
- About uShip
- Shipping Center
- Add uShip Widget to your sale
- Referral Program
- uShip Stories
- Certified Solution
- sale Tools