Vintage J.A.HENCKELS 5-tool 2-blade POCKET KNIFE Bradawl, Gimlet, Corkscrew, Saw For Sale
This item has been shown times.
Vintage J.A.HENCKELS 5-tool 2-blade POCKET KNIFE Bradawl, Gimlet, Corkscrew, Saw:
Vintage J.A.HENCKELS 5-tool 2-blade POCKET KNIFE Bradawl, Gimlet, Corkscrew, Saw
This vintage pocket knife by J.A. Henckels, Solingen, Germany, features seven (7) tools in one:
- A long flat bar with a claw end, or Rakepoint, possibly for cleaning fish, 3.25”
- A three-sided Reamer, or Bradawl. 1.4375”,
- A Gimlet—a small pointed “drill” for boring holes in wood, 1.50”,
- A Corkscrew, 1.625”
- A Crosscut saw (with set teeth) that cuts on the pull stroke, 2.75”,
- A Medium Knife Blade, 2.625”, and
- A Small Knife Blade, 1.9375”.
Description: On the front tang of the Master Blade is the familiar Henckels “Twins” logo, below which is stamped “J.A. HENCKELS GERMANY”. The front tang of the second blade is stamped with the twins logo and “GERMANY”. There are no other hallmarks or pattern numbers on the knife. Stag handle pieces on either side. Construction appears to use nickel silver pins and steel liners and separators. Knife closed is 3.825” in length; and 6.625” with the rakepoint fully extended.
Condition: The six spring-loaded tools are nice and tight, with good snap opening and closing action. The blades have been re-sharpened, but retain their original shape; the Master Blade has some wear to the point. The saw teeth are sharp and have good set. The Bradawl and Corkscrew have good, sharp points. The point of the Gimlet has been blunted. Near the hilt of the rakepoint are six raised barbs, for what purpose I cannot say. The rakepoint just pivots 180 degrees with no snap action; the joint has just a faint amount of wiggle.
Light surface rust on the blades, tools and steel knife body parts. The handle piece on the Bradawl side has a small notch out at the end; it’s possible there was once a steel ‘dog’ which engaged the notch and kept the handle material in place. The handle piece on the Corkscrew side has a chunk missing at the end, and the material has let go of the pin which held it firmly against the tool carcass. The handle piece also has a small split on the Corkscrew side at the pin that captures the three small tools. The separator between the blades has a small chunk broken off the bolster end.
An uncommon example of old J.A. Henckels craftsmanship, and a nice addition to your collection. Please view the accompanying photos; they are evidence of the item’s condition, are included as part of the item description, and supplement the text. Shipping weight: 1 lb. View my response and offer with confidence. Thanks for looking. Legal Note: By offerding on this sale you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age and that it is legal for you to purchase this knife in your political jurisdiction.
- I combine shipping on multiple orders! (I always recalculate shipping weight and cost, and may choose an alternative service to minimize this cost for my buyers. offer with complete confidence; you won’t be hosed on shipping.)
- Item normally ships within two business days after payment is received.
- USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box is the default, Domestic shipping service for items like this.
- Overseas shipping of similar items is with USPS Priority International or Express International Mail.
- Internet Tracking information with Delivery Confirmation is included with all shipments.
- All items are carefully packaged and inspected before release to the shipper. Attention to detail in this area is cheap insurance against risk of damage to your often-irreplaceable purchase. I want each and every item I sell to arrive at your home in the same condition as it was in mine.
- I ship to US and most International countries.
International Buyers – Please Note:
- PayPal is my preferred method of payment. They accept all major credit cards and eChecks if you don't have a PayPal account. Payment is expected within 5 days of sale close, unless you notify me of extenuating circumstances.
- If you purchase multiple items I offer discounted shipping pricing when practical. If you are offerding on multiple items that end on different days within a 5-day period, just email me and I’ll be happy to hold invoicing until all your items have ended. Under these circumstances to expedite your transaction and get the best shipping rate, please wait for a combined Invoice before completing checkout.
Terms of Sale
- Your offer is your contract to purchase.
- I am not a merchant and cannot offer refunds or returns, or services that full-time businesses offer. (This was the original intent of an sale: items are “as is, as seen”.)
- Please ask any questions before offerding.
- Unless described otherwise, this item is used merchandise without warranty, expressed or implied.
- All sales are final.
- You are welcome to email me any question or comment about the items I list on . Often times a question will stimulate additional research which expands my knowledge…as well as that of the community…about a vintage item that may not be adequately identified. In those cases I’m grateful for the input and will update an sale listing accordingly.
- I’m just a regular person selling on instead of a Garage Sale. However, I take extra effort and care to describe items accurately and thoroughly, and am intent upon providing quality service and complete customer satisfaction. If an issue should arise...communicate with me. I’m reasonable and more than willing to work out an amicable solution. I’m continually striving to be the seller I would want to buy from.
- If there should be a problem upon receipt of your item, please contact me before leaving negative response, so I may have the opportunity to make it right. (If, for example, your item was damaged in transit, it is vital that you retain all shipping materials which will be needed as evidence when filing an insurance claim.) My goal is for every customer to be completely satisfied with their purchase. The true measure of good customer service is in handling the exceptions and problems. I want you experience with me to be trouble-free...as well as being pleasant and enjoyable.
- Most importantly, I strive for 5-Star Customer Service in all Seller rating categories. Check my response rating. If you don't believe I've given you 5-star service for this item across the board, and before leaving an individual response rating less than 5, please email me to let me know the deficiency, and what I can do to improve.
- Lastly, a note about response: Use of the response system is vital to reputable Sellers on . Maintaining high ratings ensures that service-oriented Sellers can continue to provide value to their customers. This process begins with Buyers following up transactions with response after receipt of their purchases. This is helpful in two ways: First, it lets me know you've received your item and there are no problems. Second, tracks response ratios with respect to sales volume. Without Buyers posting response to keep the ratios high, sellers lose standing—which results in higher seller fees and loss of discount incentives. As a result, some Sellers attempt to pass these costs on to Buyers in the form of higher shipping and handling costs. Please help me to help you: let me know you're happy with your item. In turn, I can continue to maintain high-quality customer service, by keeping shipping costs low and shipping promptly following payment. Don’t forget to leave response. I’m happy to reciprocate. Thanks.
Hydroponic Forum Discussions:
Dutch bucket tomatoes drooping, diseased?
Closed system nutrient replenishing
Dutch Bucket Spacing
Bato Bucket Size Question
Long Nute Change Interval Question
outdoors commercial setup, input needed
Hydro in AZ
Popular Hydroponic Items:
Sheffield Ww2 Jack Knife-british Soliders*ex-nrmt* Spr Rare In U.s.a+free Gift
Super Knife Assist Opener - W/lock Blade 440 German Stainless Steel *new*
Gerlach Poland Stainless 2 Blade Pen Knife
"b" Japan Stainless 2 Blade Pen Knife
Antique Keen Kutter 203 Pen Knife Pocket Knife New
2 Old Pocket Folding Knives 1 Barlow 1 Parkside Bar Livonia
Kamp Cutlery Co. Flora Works Cutlery Co. Germany Pocket Knife Mother Of Pearl
*rare*1950-1971 I*xl G. Wostenholm/sheffield Knife *gorgeous Mop Canoe* *n-mint*
#216 Vintage Bulgarian Pocket Knife Metal Handle 8cm
#215 Vintage Bulgarian Pocket Knife Blue Catalin Bakelite Celluloid Handle 8cm