Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponics (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Growing food commercially/Software (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2406)

simon 04-30-2012 05:14 PM

Growing food commercially/Software

Does anyone know of any good business plan software that is specifically dedicated towards food production businesses, hydroponically preferred. Thank you so much in advance . Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful as well :rolleyes:

GpsFrontier 05-01-2012 06:02 AM

simon,
Are you looking to put together a business plan to get inverters, or a loan from a bank? If so, don't bother looking for any software, you need to put the business plan together the hard way. If you don't, the banks and investors wont like it, and/or trust you know what your doing. You need to understand every sentence in it, as well as every aspect of it when you talk to them. That you only get by doing it yourself. There are countless stories I herd of where people paid to have a professional write up a professional business plan, and it was very well done. Only to get denied a loan because they didn't understand it when they went to the bank for the loan. I spent months putting one together myself. There is a general format to fallow, but all the information is from you, and the research you do.

P.S.
If your wanting to put together a business plan, I have many resources that will help you do that. But no software programs, that won't get you the loan. Even if your not looking for a loan, and just mapping out what you want to do. You should write the business plan yourself.

hermit825 06-24-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon (Post 9619)
Does anyone know of any good business plan software that is specifically dedicated towards food production businesses, hydroponically preferred. Thank you so much in advance . Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful as well :rolleyes:

I used this software over three years ago, it was worth every penny, however it was just a starting point, as many hours of additional research and compilation proved highly beneficial.

here's the link:
Business Plan Template, Each [CDR2020|Each] - $99.00 : Hydroponic Supplies and Greenhouse Equipment for the Professional Grower, by CropKing Inc.

Pineywoods 06-27-2012 02:46 PM

Check this link even tho it won't answer all your questions it will be a starting point and since your in Florida it will give you ideas how to get more information and maybe some contacts

Small Farms / Alternative Enterprises - Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension

The Small Farms Conference is also next month in Orlando and there is a track for Beginning Farmers and Ranchers here's a description of one of the topics

Building a Business and Marketing Plan
Get your farm off to the right start with a solid plan! This session will feature business professionals with expertise in building business and marketing plans and offer resources to help new farmers obtain land, apply for credit and navigate legal business decisions

Here's a link to the Conference page

2012 Florida Small Farms and Alternative Enterprises Conference