Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Hydroponics Setup (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   looking for Nutri-Sol plant food, (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297)

McDonald toie 02-14-2009 06:36 AM

looking for Nutri-Sol plant food,

I have been looking for Nutri-Sol plant food, and have been unable to find it on the internet. I want it to grow tomatoes in sawdust. Can you help me find a web page that sells it.

Toi McDonald toie@techcomm.net

Ron 02-14-2009 06:36 AM

All I know is it is made in Tampa Florida.

knowboddy 03-14-2009 01:20 PM

Hydroponic Plant Food

For tomatoes my recommendation is Advanced Nutrients. I've used their Sensi 2-part a bunch of times and the maters I grew were amazing. Bigger and tastier than any I've had using something else.

that's my 2 cents

andy 03-15-2009 01:30 PM

caution with advanced nutrients

caution i have heard that advanced has a lot of heavy metals in there stuff , not good to eat!!! absolutely great for flowers!!i like botanicare pro blend organic ,it smells like the sweetest compost tea i have ever seen ,and my fruits are huge!! and flavor ful. all these nutes are very expensive though
my 3cents worth

knowboddy 04-04-2009 04:30 PM

Um... Advanced Nutrients was designed specifically for growing plants for human consumption.

You're the only person I've ever heard of to make such a claim... do you have anything to back that up or is it just "something you heard"?

"Pro Blend" isn't organic, anyway. It's made with some organic stuff, but not 100%.

andy 04-06-2009 12:36 PM

what i heard is from a friend who is a chemist and he says some of there products are just fine for human consumption but some are not that they have high levels of heavy metals. i made a mistake, i am sorry, i should have said "i have heard some of there products are not good for food consumption" but you can probably say that about any brand with multiple products i would think. i just want people to be careful what they put in there food, and not get sold "SNAKE OIL" from some nutrient company.
this is all just my personal opinions , i am not a proffesional

andy 04-06-2009 12:51 PM

check this newer product called "pure vida" this is supposed to be 100%organic omri listed ,and unique in that it the nutes are already plant available and dont need time to work like other organics , it is my first run with lettuce spinach and chard it is out pacing the botanicare by about 15% already, it is not smelly in my res and it has been running 10 days ,i will change it at 12days like my other side by side, it looks to be pretty fantastic so far,never had great luck with pure organic before just average results,hope this works , and yes botanicare is not 100% organic it because it has mineral derived products in it ,and if an ingredient has never been "alive" it can not be listed organic . silly friggin rules to organic and no one is the same government-states- omri-ccof-oregon tilth, they all have different rules!!

knowboddy 04-24-2009 05:57 PM

Well I've done a lot of searching and asking everyone I could find and I can't find anything to suggest that Advanced Nutrients has anything harmful in their products.

It looks pretty unsubstantiated to me.