Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponics (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to Hydroponics - Want to Build a System With a Budget of $650 (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2822)

FalseFlash 05-09-2013 12:13 PM

Ya, first time is always the hardest... for some at least :P

But I'm learning. This system might end up being one time use if I cannot find a way to clean it if that whole root system happens like it did to you. Would I be able to bleach it?

There is not much I can do to change it now. In September I will build a system with 3 or 6 ft pipes for my basement. I will do it so it's just one single flow, not multiples. Seems like it would be the easy way.

I won't glue it next time, I really regret doing that. Silicone might of been better?

I have 4 months to learn more about hydroponics, so I will just keep watching videos and reading stuff.

Also, yes, a water line for each pipe. Right now it's only on two pipes but I'm going to add the two more because if I lower the level too low then barely any water flows through it.

But anyway, I've learned a lot from building this. I can see what I did wrong, and what I should of done, etc.. :)

Now all I gotta do is hope my plants will grow in it. :p

FalseFlash 05-10-2013 02:06 PM

Update:

As of today the system is currently unusable. The pipes are bowing pretty bad, it might be the heat. They are bowing upwards, and downwards.

Edit: Looks like this system is junk, sadly. I will see if I can do something else with it.

GpsFrontier 05-12-2013 04:27 AM

8 Attachment(s)
If you cut the tubes that hold the plants from all the connectors, you could still use them. I attached some pictures of some systems to give you some ideas. The last two drawings are of concept we plan to build ourselves in the near future.

FalseFlash 05-12-2013 12:04 PM

Thanks, I plan on doing the snake shape.

Stan 05-14-2013 06:33 PM

GPS, that's a nice site. I really like the aeroponic tower with wheels.

IAGR66 tower garden Aeroponics System, View vertical garden Aeroponics System, CWTOM Product Details from Cwtom Electrical, Metal & Plastic Factory on Alibaba.com

I've been trying to build 1 the last 2 years and just haven't been able to perfect it.

GpsFrontier 05-16-2013 04:24 AM

Stan, do you have any pictures of what you have built, and/or how you constructed it?

fintuckyfarms 05-16-2013 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also looked at those but could not figure out how to connect the tower to the base. The one for purchase is a moulded plastic piece.

Stan 05-16-2013 03:46 PM

I will take some pictures over the weekend of what I have. Like I said earlier I wasn't able to perfect it. Even though I had sprayers at 2 different levels inside the tube to much water would leak out of the holes I drilled. I think I might have a way around it and will try it out over the weekend.

GpsFrontier 05-17-2013 07:05 AM

I don't know if you have seen the drawing's I have posted before about a similar setup. So that is why I asked if you had any pictures. To see if what you built was similar to my ideas. If not, I may be able to help with some of my ideas, as well as with the construction methods I had in mind. If you don't start a new thread about it before I do, I'll post the drawings I have in a new thread about it soon.

Eternamark 06-01-2013 12:48 PM

Kratky

Try looking on youtube at the Kratky method. It's cheap, set it and forget it,
and totally off grid.

FalseFlash 06-01-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternamark (Post 11476)
Try looking on youtube at the Kratky method. It's cheap, set it and forget it,
and totally off grid.

I will watch it later, thanks!