Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Grow Lights (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   need help with sodium grow lights (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1617)

WeeGogs 05-17-2010 04:05 PM

need help with sodium grow lights

wonder if anyone knows much about indoor grow lighting, i usually stick with high pressure metal halide (vegetation) and high pressure (hps) son t sodium bulbs (flowering), do you think these lights that are for sale would work for growing, they are on a well known auction site uk version (no spam) that i would maybe buy them from if they are suitable but i dont want to buy them if they will not do, they are for my garage in scotland that i want to use for growing in from now on, the item number is 160435408838 check them out and let me know, i dont have any one else i can ask with experience or turn to that i can ask. hope someone can help me.

watercatwn6535nd 05-26-2010 01:48 AM

sweet light deal

those will do the trick for sure, but your going to need to negotiate with the power company or put in your own nuclear power station. I saw in India they just use a pair of jumper cables to establish contact with the outside transformer.

seriously that's a great deal. I have also heard of people using standard bulbs and there grows were just fine. but they exchanged there bulbs at the local box store for a new one every six months or a year as defective. My light meter showed a bit of a drop off on the bulbs out put and i saw this as a defect and they always just swap me in new one. its like free bulbs for life program. and i have thoroughly tested the bulb for the next guy and I'm sure he will be able to light his yard for years. sure saves on money just save the old box and receipt when you go back.

6000 watts of love, a couple dehumidifiers, a 5 ton air conditioner or bigger with a outside pump and a dozen wall mount fans in that garage and you'll be a bell pepper heaven.

Just make sure there not 440volt or something you don't have at home. once i got some sweet deals on 480 volts like these and ended up recycling them. isn't everything in Europe 220volt?

PS i believe its 1 ton of air conditioning power or 12 BTU to every 4500 watts of light. or so kinda close always works.

WeeGogs 05-29-2010 01:23 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by watercatwn6535nd (Post 4879)
those will do the trick for sure, but your going to need to negotiate with the power company or put in your own nuclear power station. I saw in India they just use a pair of jumper cables to establish contact with the outside transformer.

seriously that's a great deal. I have also heard of people using standard bulbs and there grows were just fine. but they exchanged there bulbs at the local box store for a new one every six months or a year as defective. My light meter showed a bit of a drop off on the bulbs out put and i saw this as a defect and they always just swap me in new one. its like free bulbs for life program. and i have thoroughly tested the bulb for the next guy and I'm sure he will be able to light his yard for years. sure saves on money just save the old box and receipt when you go back.

6000 watts of love, a couple dehumidifiers, a 5 ton air conditioner or bigger with a outside pump and a dozen wall mount fans in that garage and you'll be a bell pepper heaven.

Just make sure there not 440volt or something you don't have at home. once i got some sweet deals on 480 volts like these and ended up recycling them. isn't everything in Europe 220volt?

PS i believe its 1 ton of air conditioning power or 12 BTU to every 4500 watts of light. or so kinda close always works.

Thanks, You are in a different class buddy, the guy has some for me.