Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Classifieds (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   used equipment (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2370)

fintuckyfarms 03-19-2012 10:20 AM

used equipment

Those of you that don't know, I work for the sheriff dept in my county. I asked what they do with the seized stuff from the grows they bust. Most of it is destroyed, but some stuff is given to propertyroom.com There is all sorts of stuff there on auction; most of the hydro stuff is listed under tools and equipment. If you live in a city where the auction is, the prices are really good, it's the shipping that is expensive. Just FYI!

GpsFrontier 03-21-2012 03:32 AM

Thanks for the tip. It's a bit confusing to tell where a item is located and if you can pick it up before biding. But I'm sure there must be a way to narrow down that, I just haven't found it yet. I do notice on some items the shipping is outrageous. Not sure how they come up with their figures. Like the starting freight cost for 15 bulbs was $150.00. I saw a duel work light, and the shipping and handling was $49.95. Heck I can go down to Lowe's and buy them brand new for about $30-$40 out the door ($15-$20 for the single work lights). I saw one current winning bid was from Hacienda Heights, That is where I used to live in CA. I also saw one of the sheriff departments was city of industry, that's right next to Hacienda Heights.

I know their location well (lived in that location for 20+ years), that brings back memory's and was only a few miles from where I lived, I once even walked home from the industry sheriffs department (20 years ago or so). After, well never mind. Suffice to say no charges were filed then, and nothing ever came of it (it was all a misunderstanding). But back then I had a bad habit of not taking care of traffic tickets, and letting them go to warrants in many different city's. At one time I had five warrants at the same time, 4 for traffic tickets, and one for a J-walking ticket if you can believe that. After taking care of them all (because I was arrested after being pulled over for speeding, thus getting another ticket), I got them all cleared up, and said never again. To this day I'll always take care of any ticket before they go to warrants. That was right about the time I turned 25, and thus I now know why insurance rates for people under 25 are so high (I'm a perfect example).

P.S.
But thanks for the tip about the website, I'll look more into it in more detail soon. I may even call our sheriffs department to see what they do with their confiscated items too, because they would be close enough for me to go pick up.

watercatwn6535nd 04-11-2012 02:51 AM

seizer

Why would the sheriff takes some one's gardening supplies.

GpsFrontier 04-11-2012 03:10 AM

Get this, believe it or not, some people actually choose to grow illegal drugs using the same gardening supply's we use to grow our veggies with.

watercatwn6535nd 04-11-2012 03:28 AM

herbs

One day it will be okay to grow all of Gods plants. I'm working on a Cheetos's Doritos's cross right now with a hit of chocolate brownie.

GpsFrontier 04-11-2012 06:18 AM

I know what you mean. I try to promote hydroponics for growing legal crops (fruits and veggies) as much as I can. But there are always those old timers that still just don't think you can grow anything other than pot hydroponically. The only way to prove it to them is to do it, then stick it in their face. Show them it can be profitable by doing it.

Stan 04-26-2012 09:36 AM

Fintuckyfarms, great site!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GpsFrontier (Post 9464)
Get this, believe it or not, some people actually choose to grow illegal drugs using the same gardening supply's we use to grow our veggies with.

^^^ LMAO ^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by GpsFrontier (Post 9471)
I know what you mean. I try to promote hydroponics for growing legal crops (fruits and veggies) as much as I can. But there are always those old timers that still just don't think you can grow anything other than pot hydroponically. The only way to prove it to them is to do it, then stick it in their face. Show them it can be profitable by doing it.

^^^ Totally agree ^^^
When I tell people I grow tomatoes hydroponically they give me a strange look like "yea sure". Then when I show them the pictures of last years grow they are shocked at the amount and the size of the tomatoes I got. Then I tell them how the system works now some of them now want to start their own hydroponic garden.

watercatwn6535nd 04-26-2012 12:10 PM

hydro

hydro and green houses are the only way to go.