Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   plants have become long and spindly (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1064)

Choi 02-12-2009 04:42 AM

plants have become long and spindly
 
I have only recently started to experiment with hydro and have a small setup at home. I tried Pak Choi in an NFT system. I bought the plants as seedlings and washed the roots, inserted them into tubes with a small block of grow wool for support. Instead of the leaves forming a spinach type bunch as I believe Pak Choi and Bok Choy etc should the plants have become long and spindly with the leaves separated 30-40mm along the stem. The plants have been in for around 6 weeks and are now starting to flower. Is this normal for Pak Choi in hydro? Has anyone had similar with chinese cabbages?

Ron 02-12-2009 04:42 AM

Long and spindly usually means not enough light.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.