Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   grow cucumber and tomato (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228)

Ragette 02-01-2009 12:47 AM

grow cucumber and tomato
 
Ron, I started to grow cucumber and tomato in the 2 litre 11 bottle system. do I let the roots keep growing into the pipes or do I trim them at the cups? If I do let them grow into the pipes, will it clog up the pipes before I harvest all of the fruits?

Ron 02-01-2009 12:48 AM

Yes. Those two plants are the worst for clogging up your pipes. I had a tomato plant that grew roots over 3 feet long all the way down and clog up the propeller in the pump. Half the garden was clogged with roots when I stopped using it.
I still have to figure out how to unplug the garden. I think I will try Liquid Plumer. I will post the results if it works.
You can try watering more often so the roots won't have to go looking for water. A paint strainer will keep the roots out of the pipes also.
Ron


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.