Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponics (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   height which I can build greenhouse (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504)

euan 02-04-2009 01:26 AM

height which I can build greenhouse
 
hi there, I am very new to this and have a question, I am an architectural student and am designing a building which houses hydroponic tomatoes. I just want to know what the minimum height at which I can build my greenhouse would be or is that a how long is a piece of string question? is it really just case of how many tomatoes I want to grow will depend on the size of greenhouse??

thanks: euan

Ron 02-04-2009 01:26 AM

It depends on the type of tomato plants you grow. Some tomato plants can grow up to twelve ft. high.

Markeeto 02-24-2010 06:05 PM

Height
 
Hi there!

I have a similar question: is it true that in a lower greenhouse the environmental temperature is hotter than in a tall one?

GpsFrontier 02-24-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markeeto (Post 4234)
Hi there!

I have a similar question: is it true that in a lower greenhouse the environmental temperature is hotter than in a tall one?

There are many different ways to control the environment inside a greenhouse. The size and height may dictate how you go about controlling the environment. If you are not planing any environmental controls, heat always rises. In a shorter greenhouse the heat cant rise as much as it would in a taller one. But if you have a window near the top of the greenhouse (preferably on on all sides) the heat will escape through the openings. You can also use a fan to draw in fresh cooler air, or even expel the warm air if placed near the top facing out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.