Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   germinate seeds in vermiculite (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506)

US1 02-04-2009 01:33 AM

germinate seeds in vermiculite
 
Ron, When you germinate your seeds in moistened vermiculite, do you pack it down at all?

One more question: How long do you wait before you start using a water soluble fertilizer on the seedlings?

I know you've heard this before, but I'll say it again, Thanks Ron.

Ron 02-04-2009 01:33 AM

No I pour the solution in the tray and let it soak up from the bottom and then poke a hole with a nail about 1/2 inch deep and place the seeds in the hole and gently cover the hole.

Once the seeds spout and show the second set of leaves then you can give them a dose of about 500 ppm of solution.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.