Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Hydroponics Setup (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   lots of fluorescent light doing nothing (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629)

Meredith 02-05-2009 01:20 AM

lots of fluorescent light doing nothing
 
Ron...I am growing one tomato plant in a MicroFarm inside. It's very happy right now, with bright green leaves and a ton of leaf growth happening on top. The problem is, I am using lots of fluorescent light and I keep reading here that that won't do it when the plant gets bigger. It's about a foot tall right now. At what point do you think I'll HAVE to shell out big bucks for better lighting? Thanks, Meredith

Ron 02-05-2009 01:21 AM

Any time now. For flowering it needs more lumens than a florescent can give it. You can't eat green, you want red.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.