Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponics (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   mercury vapor lights (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711)

sjm 02-05-2009 11:40 PM

mercury vapor lights
 
Excellent site!

Ron, on page 20 you told a reader that mercury vapor lights would not work very well. Just wanted to report that many years ago I had very successful crops with one 1500w mercury vapor. Perhaps not as well as halides or sodiums may have been, but never-the-less, crops were very healthy, even through flowering.

Thank for the great resources

sjm

Ron 02-05-2009 11:41 PM

I would agree. I was thinking of the efficiency and cost of using mercury vapor as it pertains to lumen- per- watt.
You also could grow successfully if you filled an entire room with 4 foot florescence bulbs but the cost of electricity compared to the growth you get is not cost effective.
The future of grow lights is Fusion Lights. They will make HID obsolete for growing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.