Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   my plants have been getting root rot (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850)

farm 02-07-2009 04:34 AM

my plants have been getting root rot
 
Hi Ron, I have a system where my plants are in Rockwool and are sitting in an aerated nutrient solution 24/7. This has worked fine for me in the past, but recently my plants have been getting root rot and dying. I'm wondering what the lowest temperature the water could be before the roots start dying. If you have any other suggestions as to why this is happening please let me know. Thanks, your sight has been a great resource.

Ron 02-07-2009 04:35 AM

I tried rockwool with my first garden I bought from HydroFarm 10 years ago and I had a problem with root rot. After that I built the 2-liter gardens that used growrocks and have been with them ever since.
I would use the drip from the top method with rockwool to prevent over watering.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.