Thread: Nutrient temp?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luches View Post
Hi again!
Ok, let me just briefly explain what it is about before getting involved (both of us) in something that is out of question. I am not sure if it is a appropriate system for several reservoirs with that much space in between.

I've once build (long time ago) a floatation tank that held nearly 1000 Liter (some 250 gallons) of water that needed to be heated and kept constantly at 34.5°C in a rather cool environement (indoors though). I did so with a small 2Kw water heater (we call that "under sink water boiler") and a few meters of garden hose, a small water pump, plus some plumbing fittings and simple house hold stuff.

If it happened that you already have a used 2-3 Kw electric water heater (because these aren't exactly cheap), it's done in a day. Closed hot water circuit but not under pressure. No supplementary electronics needed, if the heater has a simple but "continuously variable" temp regulation. I am not sure about the terminology here but I bet you know what I am talking about.

So please, tell me if such a solution is of interest for you and if you got the stuff or are willing to get it in case...

Cheers,
Luches
I know them as "tankless water heaters," the smaller ones are made to go under a sink. I don't have one, and they are expensive. The tankless water heaters are a good thought but even if I could get it to work for all diffident reservoir it would be too expensive unless I could find one at a yard sale or something.