View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigatec View Post
The system I want to build the plants will be a floor level, with the res beside them. I will have to find a way to pump the return solution back to the res.
If it's not possible to set the plants on a bench or something with a short wide reservoir below it. You can always build the same system I mentioned with the addition of the extra smaller control reservoir with the Ebb & Flow Control Kit in it like the commercial system. Although water circulation will still be a problem if it doesn't have the capability to have a lot of on/off cycles. Just flooding the system until it fills then draining it right away, and doing it every 15 min or so, otherwise they will be sitting in basically still water until it drains. I'm not sure if you are referring to the system you were building for your peppers in another thread. I can possibly come up with a better solution if I know the specifics.

It looks like with the Ebb & Flow Control Kit you will still need to buy both pumps. It seems like the kit turns on and off the second pump with the switches but not much of anything else for the $80. You still need to buy both reservoirs and pumps in addition to the $80. Either way the plants need to be slightly above the ground or the second pump will run dry before it drains all back. That's what the second set of switches is for (best as I can tell), to keep that from happening. This still leaves a few inches of water in the buckets with the plants. This will mean that the plants roots will inevitably be sitting in water as they get bigger.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-21-2010 at 09:43 PM.