Thread: My newest setup
View Single Post
  #4  
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

Thanks,
I was looking at our local Lowe's but it was a special order item. The lady at the information counter thought that was because that store was not as big as some other Lowe's stores, and shelf space was needed for other items. She left a message for the guy to get prices and call me, but he never did. I use 3 inch baskets, that's why I wanted the 4 inch tubing. $23.00 for 10 foot is manageable, although hoping for a little cheaper.

I have designed a system for strawberry's (pictures attached) that I want to build (reasonably soon), and wanted to keep the tubing and end caps at or under $100 for the square tubing. I would be cutting the each length of 10 foot piece in half, but also was wanting it to be 5 1/2 feet each to fit the number of plants I want, with the spacing set at 8 inches apart. But adjustments can always be made just as I always do to accommodate the materials I can get.

I may decide not to cut them in half and have one 10 foot long system instead of two 5 1/2 foot long systems. The system in the pictures is drawn around the 5 1/2 to 6 foot lengths of square tubing and I was planing to build two of them for a total of 128 plants (64 in each). If I left the tubing in 10 foot pieces and just made the system longer, I would only need to build one system for the same amount of plants. Also I would only need half the end caps, and half the through holes. Although I like to build things with the future in mind, and 2 smaller systems would be more customizable. Or I could simply have one less plant in each tube for 120 total, 60 in each, also possibly rethink the spacing for the best fit.
Attached Images
    
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-28-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote