Quote:
|
what should my PPM be at? I do have a tds.
|
the type of system shouldn't have an effect on the TDS/EC or PPM, the type of plants and what stage of growth would. I don't even use one of these meters but if I know what plants you were growing, I could probably find out.
Quote:
|
One of my pumps or heater is leaking a bit into the water.. Like you can feel a sting if your grounded out and touch the water. is this bad for the plants
|
I am a bit unclear here, is it leaking hot water into your reservoir, or electricity into the reservoir? If it is hot water leaking then it depends on the
nutrient temperature, you said it was about 70 degrees, that should be fine. If it's electricity, well that is indeed a strange problem. Electrical shock does not seem to be harmful to humans if it's low enough (ever stick your tuong on a 9 volt battery). I have never done any testing on that, perhaps a small jolt will even help the plants, but if it's to large (especially amperage) it will kill the plants (like tossing a toaster into the bath tub while your taking a bath). It also could be that the plants are not grounded, therefor not even receiving a shock. I would fix it any witch way, it would be a fire hazard. Not to mention if it gets worse and someone is not aware of the problem they could die.