View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:41 PM

Pardon me gps, i had a brain fart and typed the wrong product. Here is the product i was refereing 2. 4FT X 4FT JETFLO ECONO W BENC
This looks like it would be a very usefull system. it appears to hold many plants.

When it comes to the amount of leafy greens and others i want to eat, it comes down to one word. Alot. Im on the 2002 version of the atkins diet and greens are a major part of my diet, and expensive. I have lost 50lbs so far. right now collard greens and spinach and broccoli are my primary greens, with green beens thrown in when i get the mood. i must also grow lettuce for my wife and occasionaly for a salad for me.

Later on ill be able to add turnips and other root crops, but thats not for a while so im not 2 worried about them. I also want to grow tomatos for my wife and kids, they love them, i can eat them but only in small quanties. ill likely do tomatos and beens in a system like your third system. I already knoww that ill need to grow close to 20 bean plants to keep enough beans for my family. (will be freezing them)

So its ok to grow out side, good, becuse that would solve a lot of problems, especialy with a long system that i plan on using for beans/tomatos.

Heres a good question, i was at the pet store and talking to the fish guy about air pumps and air stones. I told him im going to build a dwc and needed a good pump and a good air stone/stones. He told me the long thin ones are crap, and told me to use this
5" round air stone. He said that the long slender ones done aerate enough volume. Anytruth to this. The stones he suggested were called Topfin heres a link to them
Top FinŽ Round Airstones - Air Pumps & Accessories - Fish - PetSmart and said to use a topfin airpump, he suggested using this one topfin 8000 170gph its got adjustable flow rate. i couldnt find a link to it, but saw it in person. he said that it would be good to use if i set up multiple dwc chambers(totes, lol i think im making sense here).

Im kinda concerned about nutrients, becuase i dont wanna screw up. what is easiest for begginers, should i do a single step one or a multi step like the flora series.

Question about mounting the pumps and airstone lines. should i drill a hole in the side near the top and feed the line in, and put a sealer around it, or is there a better way to do it?
Thanks for helping me, i look forward to showing you what ive done.