View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the replys Guys,

Was only worried about the Zinc because who knows what is used in the really poor quality fittings here in the Philippines. The flower garden survives so it can't be too bad.

My project is a work in progress and not proceeding at a fast rate however I think I have enough bits etc to do some water testing later this week. This will be interesting as it will start to let me know the time cycles I can achieve. Have a 40 litre per minute pump which should pump at about 30 LPM with the head I'm using.

Plan to use one of those 24 hour timers with 48 on and 48 off settings. 15 minutes on time seems a bit too long for me to fill the buckets so I'm looking for an off delay timer relay to set the max time the pump runs for. Will have to find one that drops out while the signal is still inputting and resets when the input signal ceases.

Can get a truckload of Coconut husks so this is what I will be using maybe mixed with a a percentage of Rice Hulls.

nutrient will be all I can get here and called Snap, developed by a University here for Lettace and Tomatoes so that should be OK.

Will keep you informed of my slow progress. To my mind it's not so important to succedd at the first attempt but to learn as we go alng.

CIAO Leon...