View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercatwn6535nd View Post
i bought growtronix several years back and it works very well. i have some video of my grow room at you tube. I update some video every couple weeks this winter. tomotoes and watermelon just started flowering. I alreday harvested my december radishes. YouTube - watercatwn6535nd
You know....I sort of got into the whole indoor gardening/hydroponics thing on a whim. A silly idea a co-worker and I had when we thought it would be fun to try and grow some hot peppers after we saw some Youtube clips of some guy recording himself eating insanely hot peppers. Never really grew anything before so I started at a great disadvantage there...and to jump straight in to trying to grow hydroponically indoors...well, it's been a trip for sure. What really surprised me, however, is the fact that I've just gotten really really geeked out about this. It's not just a silly whim anymore and its something I've become quite passionate about. I'm learning as I go...having some decent success (at least I would guage it as such considering this is my first attempt at growing anything), but didn't really know enough to plan things out well. Every now and then I see something that makes me rethink my direction a little bit.

Then I run across a post like this one and I just get all mixed up.
On the one hand, it's a great learning tool for someone like me to see how other people have stuff set up and how they work and succeed in growing. On the other hand it's extremely frustrating because now all I want to do is tear down everything I've done so far and start over! LOL.

I really like your setup! I'm also curious about the bucket system you have there. Is that a "purchased system" or is it just something of your own design that you pieced together with parts here and there?

Last edited by txice; 01-19-2010 at 12:11 PM.