View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0054 View Post
I think a real cheap A/C window unit made into a "window" in the side of the box might work well for cooling the box and contents, plus it has a thermostat control, who knows, you might even find one with a remote ;>)
Yes this just one of my possible's, Although I would probably run it through some ducting into the box, rather than just building it in the side. I also have an idea of running a duct line directly from the household AC ventilation into the box. Both of these options would require an some exit for the air pressure in the box, otherwise the pressure wont allow the cool air to enter the box very well. Also on the list is dry ice, or ice blocks. I am also considering a thermoelectric electric possibility, like in the electric ice-chests you plug into a cigarette lighter of your car.

omerizm
Thanks for the pictures, it looks like quite a setup you have going. I'm wondering how the humidity is in the greenhouse, is it high? As well as how well the swamp cooler is working, do you know what the difference is between the actual inside and outside temps? How hot is it outside? Also looking forward to hearing how the nutrient cooling coils are working out.