View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 PM

OK thanks think I have enough to go on now. Unfortunately I am not familiar with growing Kohirabi. I did however look it up, mainly because I was wondering how it grew vegetable without forming flowers first. From what I read it looks like Kohirabi is similar to a root vegetable, except they look like they form above ground. Also, it looks like Kohirabi is the same species as a wild cabbage plant. I believe, like lettuce plants, cabbage plant do bloom near the end of their life to reproduce.

I am familiar with the General hydroponics Flora series nutrients I use them myself. But I am a little conflicted as to the best mix for your plant. I find that equal amounts of each seems to work well in most cases until fruiting, then I increase the amount of Bloom I add. But for plants that I wont want to flower like lettuce, I cut back on the Bloom their entire life.

So I would likely use either a equal amount of each like about 10mL per gallon, or something like 10mL grow, 10mL micro and 5mL bloom because I wouldn't want it to rush to bloom at the end of the life cycle. I just noticed that link was for a drain to wast system, are you not running a recirculating system? If so I would probably cut back some on the mL per gallon, but keeping the proportions.

Now with all that said, I'm simply not familiar with growing Kohirabi. So what I would suggest is e-mail General Hydroponics tech support at tech@genhydro.com and ask them what they recommend for Kohirabi. I don't know if they will be familar with that plant, so I would also include this link so they can see the exactly what type of plant it is.

Kohlrabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlrabi

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 08-05-2010 at 06:40 AM.