View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 AM

Default Bell pepper dropping fruit and tomato not producing buds

My problem: I have 3 plants ATM strawberry, tomato, and bell pepper. The strawberry is really struggling, it has one strawberry that is almost red but really tiny. The plant hasn't grown a whole lot. I think this is my fault as I messed up my nutrients the first go around... ppm was over 2k lol. Oh well not to concerned I have chocked it up to a loss. My bell pepper and tomato are doing great sorta... All plants received the initial shock from the nutes FYI. I have since corrected it. I am currently at 1k ppm with about 16hrs of light time with a 400watt metal halide that's less than a foot away now. The tomato is growing on average 2 inches a day producing lots of leaves but 0 flower buds. The bell pepper on the other hand is not getting much taller but producing lots of leaves and buds. The problem with the bell pepper is that once a pepper appears it falls off completely stem and all. They don't get much bigger than an eraser before dropping.

ppm - 1k
ph - 5.9
water temp - 70 (electronically controlled)
nutes - cns17
light time - 16 hrs
fans - 2 oscillating
grow medium - hydroton
system - ebb n flow
air stones - 2 10"
plant age - 3-4 weeks
tomato plant height - 19"
bell pepper height - 10"
strawberry height - 5-6"
grow medium - hydroton
feed times - was one 15 min cycle every fours hrs last week now one 15 min cycle every hour
Roots- bell pepper and tomato really healthy white roots and strawberry has brown roots which i cut off mostly in hopes that the few white roots it had would take over.
insects- caught one spider the other day and exterminated him other than that plants are closely monitored numerous times a day and I haven't seen anything!

I occasionally pour pure Ph balanced water over the roots to help with washing away salt build up.

Sorry for the book but I am new to hydroponics and wanted to give as much info as possible. Any help would be great!