View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGogs View Post
how long did it take to grow these plants under led, compared to... say a 600W hps Duel Spectrum.
and why did you call them solar panels, i have never heard that term used before.
solar panels generate electric power.
Because leaves are essentially solar panels in the entire photon-dependent energy system.

Faster than HPS or MH.

More potent as well. Potency is directly related to two things - genetics and exposure to DNA-damaging light starting around 450-460nm and working into the UV range.

And no, leafy buds were not grown. Once the trichome-laden sugar leaf was trimmed away, large fat buds were left. None smaller than small immature pine cones (and almost as hard.)

Potency? I still hold the record over at Herbal Solutions in LA, and if all goes well this next crop, I will be breaking that record and further cementing my local lead (current 38% THC 7% CBD 2% THCV 8% THCA by present cannabinoids.)

Shot from last night - three weeks in the system from clone under 90w LED panels and a small HPS for IR, and mothers under two little 50w panels. Hindu Skunk, Jorge's new favorite and my favorite for almost half a decade.

BTW dual-spectrum bulbs are a gimmick, especially the 1000w ones. Usually a combo 600w HPS with a 400w MH conversion tube run in-line. Highly lossy and outputs lower than standalone HID bulbs (same issue with multi-chip emitters in LEDs.)

Notice how HPS lamps are starting to add more blue and become more like MH? There's a BIG reason for that. People are slowly starting to realize that MH is the choice bulb in HID. In my personal global travels to many production sites, I have found that MH bulbs are the preferred standard for primary artificial lighting, HPS is regarded as a supplementary lamp only, especially by the Dutch.

The company that manufactures Sativex, they use MH exclusively for their cannabis plants.
Attached Images