View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Wow....you know, since I noticed that old "corn thread" got resurrected and read through it I began to have my suspicions about this, but your latest response to this pretty much confirms it for me. I know I'm new to hydroponics in general...and I'm new to this site but after reading alot of responses from you like this I can come to no other conclusion except to say that you are a pompus ass Luches.

I'm here simply asking questions, taking in information and providing what feedback I can. How you could possibly take anything I said in my last response as me being "ironic" is completely beyond me (and I'm actually wondering if you really meant to say "sarcastic"...but I digress). If people coming here asking questions and trying to learn a thing or two are so far beneath you, why do you even bother?

Quote:
Acceptable Human standards and plant nutritional facts aren't exactly the same thing
Yes, I know. In fact I pretty much said this exact same thing.

Quote:
The softener is actually installed to avoid build-up of minerals (Ca and Mg) in pipes and heating devices, and for some skin cosmetic reasons too, not at all to improve water quality for human "consumption".
While partially accurate, the last part of that statement is utterly incorrect. Softeners/purifiers certainly do improve water quality for human consumption. These types of systems can help remove any number of contaminates, pollutants, bacteria, etc. from a water supply that can not only help improve the waters odor and/or taste, but can also help make the water safer to drink in general. Which by any measure is certainly improvement for human consumption.

Quote:
The high PH of 8 isn't a good thing at all.
Again....this I know and don't believe I ever suggested otherwise.

Quote:
I doubt your nutrient solution to drop down to 6 point something, as described by the manufacturer.
I doubt it would as well. Point of fact, though, is that the manufacturer, nor I, claim it will....not sure where you got that from.

Quote:
Now, when I tell you that having a correct PH is even more important than the right nutrient composition and concentration - will you believe that?
Not sure why I wouldn't...especially as this, too, was something I already knew.

Quote:
Stupidly enough, with only using 1/4 of the nutrient strength, it will not go down very much and will stay WAY to high.
The only thing stupid here is that you assume I'm not monitoring my pH and using buffering agents to either raise or lower the pH to an optimum range.

Quote:
Your tap water is problematic in every sense, if you want to accept it or not...
You caught me. I am in denial and simply cannot accept the fact that my tap water is horrible. (Now see, while that isn't irony...it certainly is sarcasm).

Quote:
With your 1/4 strategy you will most probably run into more trouble.
Perhaps so. I may not be the master self-nutrient mixer extraordinaire with all earthly knowledge of hydroponics but hey, guess what...I'm trying and learning little bits here and there. If I fail and kill a plant....I'll try to grow another one. If you are in some way hurt by the fact that I actually did the nutrient swap and went with a 1/4 strength solution prior to reading your response suggesting it wasn't a good idea, sorry. A lot of other folks out there have posted other information indicating it worked perfectly well for them and well....it just might work perfectly well for me too. All I can do is try and see what happens.

Quote:
The high PH (which actually wasn't lowered enough)
Again...incorrect assumption. My pH was lowered quite enough thank you very much.

Quote:
You don't need to believe or apply any of it - and you can always try to do it your own way and see what happens.
You know what...this is EXACTLY what I intend to do. I will also continue to visit here and post and research other sources as I can find them. I was willing to take your advice to heart and try to apply it to my situation, but the more I get into reading your posts, the more I realize you aren't really here to try to help people learn....you're here to try and dictate your own philosophies and berate anyone that might have a differing opinion or an inability/unwillingness to implement your "suggestions" to the letter. I'm not here to profess I know all about gardening be it in the ground or a homemade hydroponics system...in fact I'll readily admit to just the opposite. You sir or madam, do indeed come off with a "holier than thou" attitude however (as I believe has also been commented on elsewhere) and quite frankly it's unappealing. It honestly would not hurt my feelings in the least if you decided to never reply to another one of my posts (and feel free to take this more as a request than a generalized statement).

Quote:
right back at 'cha. Have a nice day....and good luck with that corn.