View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 AM

It's fine to look at commercially built systems to get ideas, but frankly not only are they overly expensive, but their not designed for your space as well as the specific plants your growing. Most new growers tend to want to design and build their hydroponic systems first, then decide what their going to grow in it. That's doing thongs backward. You always want to decide what you want to grow first, and how much of it you want to grow. Only then can you design and build a hydroponic system to do it to accomplish your goals efficiently. I mean it's like building a house, you need to decide what's going to be built on it, how big it will be, how many rooms it will have. etc. etc.. before you pour the foundation. If pour the foundation without fully thinking out what's going to be put on it, you just wind up having to start over.

I would suggest doing first things first, decide what you want to grow, as well as how much of it you want to grow. That's when you should start looking at the best way to design a system to maximize the space you have to work with. I personally have never bought a hydroponic system, every system I grow in is custom made by me for the crops that will be growing in it.