View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 AM

well at this point i just dont have much opinion on DWC vs drip, i havent used either one... i was told DWC is more forgiving in a power outtage and i dont need medium... but realistically some pea gravel or perlite for a single plant is going to be rather negligable in cost... fountain pump and piping vs an air pump and bubbler.. its all going to come out to about the same which is what i was looking for more advice

what would be best for a tomato plant about 2x2x4 feet in size?.. im making the 150w light as efficient as possible by training to to grow in a cage and keeping it prune being surrounded entirely by pure white, plus other lights in the room im putting it into are constantly on... did all the calculations and such with the lighting, but the feed system is what im not so sure about

5 gallon buckets are really easy to get, and i was going to use it as both a platform and resovoir to keep it simple and uses the fewest materials...

if having a plant in a solid non-net pot filled with a grow medium and a drip system will mean less frequent solution changes and more stable Ph levels, then ill certainly go that route... but i havent done this yet, ive only read about it all in theory so far and was looking for the best advice as to what would be better for this one container system?