View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Calling it Irregular or "not the exact size" really depends on the variety. In case you deal with a variety that has been selected for growing nearly calibrated size, they will not vary that much and you may call it "not the exact size" or not the same calibre. Other varieties will in fact produce what one can call irregular fruit sizes under described conditions. Quite futile anyway...
There was no variety specified, nor was there a size specified. To be irregular there would need to be a regular to be "Ir" from. Some tomato plants are bred to be uniformed size, but very few of them do home gardeners ever grow. Someone might get the idea from your post that there was something wrong with their plant or the way they were growing them if they were not all the same size. An irregular shirt is deformed, there is something wrong with the way it was manufactured. Just because they are not all the same size does not mean that there is anything wrong with the tomato's or the plant.
Quote:
I suppose anyone can draw his/her own conclusions from the other information and apply what may be transfered to his/her own way and volume of cultivation, - and ignore or drop what is more specific and suitable for larger commercial production only. Keep in mind that what is used in commercial and large volume production is often the result of long trial and error. And most importantly: people who get payed for their job have more discipline and do not contradict the boss for every small matter
Thank you for allowing me to have my own conclusions, even though you have not paid me for them. I do have all the discipline I need even if you feel you are the Boss (you haven't sent me a check yet, Boss).
Quote:
can you do me a vavour GPS?
I only do vavours for people who I have respect for, not people who demand respect (remember).
Quote:
Can you try to not overdoing it with quoting everything and breaking every single point down into its constituents,
Quoting the exact part you are responding to is the best way for others to know what exactly that response is to.
Quote:
and actually commenting with nearly the same meaning, just expressed in a slightly different way.
I was elaborating on each point because I felt that a little explanation would be helpful to people in making their own decisions.
Quote:
Don't get me wrong here, but using other peoples contribution as a peg to hang your opinion on it, can be seen as impolite if used that systematically and exaggeratedly. To be honest it starts to disturb me a lot.
The world is full of opinions, even if you don't like or agree with them. And just because you might not agree with them does not automatically make your opinions fact, even if you think they are.
Quote:
This isn't something I am expecting to get certified by overwhelming consensus, it's just a personal favour I am asking for. You may think that it's impolite from my part to tell this - but what other choice do I have?
I don't think it's impolite toward me at all, I am perfectly willing to explain my actions if necessary. As well as the reasons, or thinking behind what I post. Unlike some people who feel that their posts should not be questioned, and should just be taken as fact, and the all final word. I do however feel that getting off topic does not help people looking for, or wanting to share information. As far as any favors, there are many past issues I won't be able to forget. As someone once said "that's just my sense of humor" if I remember correctly. I try to work well and play nice with others, but respect needs to go both ways or it won't work. You, Me or anyone else can't get offended every time someone has something different to say, that's what makes the world go around. You just put in your 2 cents, take what you can use, and leave the rest. Getting back to the subject's of the thread would be a nice change.