View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:53 AM

looks like you moved it from the carport to the fenced in area you built, and looks as though you'll have a lot of lettuces and parsley to eat. I like lettuces for a lot of things also, though I don't think we would be able to go through more than 1 or 2 heads a week at most. But with that many plants growing in all different stages of growth you should have a ready supply all the time.

I'm not familiar with growing either lettuces or parsley in hydro yet, but the only concern I would have with setting the rockwool cubes directly on the bottom of the tubing is the roots may become too waterlogged in a NFT. Like a sponge rockwool will absorb as much water as it can until it's saturated, and the cubes will never get a chance to dry out at all if the nutrients/water are flowing all the time. Not sure if you were already considering it, but it might be a good idea to place them in baskets that hang just above the water, with the roots dangling down in the nutrient/water flow, once the roots are long enough.